vx omega elite speakers - aliveankikin
The speakers on my w reg omega elite have stopped working. I think its the fuse to the rear amp - but where is it?
Omega elite speakers - aliveankikin
anyone?
Omega elite speakers - Victorbox
I may be wrong but I would be surprised if it had a separate amp for the rear speakers - most Vauxhalls I know have all 6 speakers driven from the unit in the dash.
Omega elite speakers - Shlong
hi, you said the speakers have stopped working, then mentioned the rear amp fuse?? is it only the rears that have stopped working, or has the whole set up failed?? and i have to agree with the last post, i thought all vauxhalls hadone main power driver in the headunit itself. if its just the rears that have stopped working, and without trying to tell anyon how to suck eggs, but make sure someone hasnt fiddled with the fader settings. As i get this similar fault alot at work, an it ends up that the kids etc, have had a fidde with the radio when mum or dad isnt around. LOL! if all is ok there, i would try a donor unit first, to see if they are then ok?? if they still dont work, check the wiring/connecter/speakers individually.
cheers
Omega elite speakers - Dynamic Dave
IIRC, the Omega Elite has Bose stereo equipment fitted, with an amplified rear shelf.

Your headunit should be feeding the Bose amplifier via the speaker line inputs, so the first place I would look is behind the dash at the connectors going to the headunit.
vx omega elite speakers - robert
There is a separate fuse in the fuse box for the Bose amplifier - which feeds ALL of the speakers. I dont recall the fuse number - but it should be listed in the manual - or look for a blown fuse.

Regards
vx omega elite speakers - aliveankikin
Ive checked all the fuses, (that I can find) all the connections and all the controls but still nothing from the parcel shelf speakers. If the amp powers all the speakers, it cant be the amp then.
But why should both the rear speakers pack up?
vx omega elite speakers - Dynamic Dave
From what I understand from reading another forum, the amp only feeds the parcle shelf speakers, hence why your other speakers are still working.