Buying a used car - Simone
Can any one tell me when is best time of year to buy a used car.
I am interested in buy a Vauxhall Corsa
Re: Buying a used car - mike harvey
Simone,
When there are plenty of cars on the market, ie a surplus. This can happen at any time of year, but it is generally fairly good going into winter, when dealers frequently want to get rid of stock for what is often a slow time. Things traditionally pick up in the spring, and higher prices follow. Of course if you have a part exchange, yours follows the market too!
Mike
Re: Buying a used car - Simone
I've been trying buy a Vauxhall Corsa GLS,Auto, 1.2, 16v with 5 doors from Curry Motors, they wanted £5995 for it. I e-mailed HJ and he said I was being ripped off and not to pay more than £4700.
Re: Buying a used car - mike harvey
My Mum has a Corsa GLS 5dr, though a manual not Auto, and its a great little car. I do find the steering really strange though!, and she finds the rear visibility poor. Try to be patient, the right car will turn up.
Mike
Re: Buying a used car - ladas are slow
the best way to find ANY car is by going onto www.autotrader.co.uk as you can do a full search of all cars in your region.
Re: Buying a used car - David W
Ladas,

I'm not saying this to be difficult but the only thing that worries me now is that Autotrader is *the* home of the small trader faking as private, the damage re-builds and so on. Far more so than the local paper.

I think those who go round to do their photos could tell a tale or two, actually they have and that's why I make the comment.

David
i know, but at least its somewhere to start looking (without having to walk down to the newsagents).
Re: Buying a used car - Eleanor Coughran
Is there ever a good time to buy a Corsa? why not consider the equivelant Toyota or Honda.
Re: Buying a used car - Steve G
Try www.gtccars.co.uk ,London's great trade centre.They usually have a good range of Vauxhalls at sensible prices.
i wouldnt touch a corsa (this coming from a lada driver), i took driving lessons in a corsa, and i was glad when the instructor got a fiesta instead, the corsa was always in the garage, and the clutch failed at 17000 miles, he got rid because the gearbox went at 31000 miles.

try going for a toyota starlet, or a honda civic.