What Oil? - Kevin Alder
You may have read my post earlier today about winning a new Corsa 12v Expression. I think that the high oil consumption of my Fiesta is partly a result of not changing the oil frequently enough - the car has been used mainly for very short trips, and the new Corsa will be used in much the same way.

Browsing this website I have noticed lots of discussion about oil types etc. What would people recommend that I do about frequency and types of oil changes for the new Vauxhall?

I have a Skoda Diesel Pickup in which I used Castrol GTD mineral oil for the first 10000 miles (with several changes), Millers Semi-Synthetic Diesel oil for the next 20000 (changed every 3-4000), and Millers Fully-Synthetic since 30000 (changed every 3-4000). Do I need to change the filter every time I change the oil? Are Fram filters OK?
Re: What Oil? - david stone

www.geocities.com/chrislonghurst/engineoil_bible.h...l
Re: What Oil? - Andrew Moorey (Tune-Up Ltd.)
You may find that you are tied to a main dealer whilst under warranty but I would slip in a couple of extra cahnges with a good semi-synth between the first couple of official services. Use o.e. filters at this time. I applaud your servicing routine on your pickup. Fram filters are o.k. On the petrol engine you could change the filter every other change (assuming 3-4000 mile intervals) but why bother as they are not expensive. The diesel must have a new filter each time.
Re: What Oil? - Kevin Alder
Many thanks for your help. Lubrication may be fun, but it certainly ain't simple.