Landcruiser economy - Xileno {P}
Does anyone know what I could expect economy wise from the 249bhp 4.0 litre V6 model? Is 15mpg about right? Normal on-road use BTW.
Thanks
Landcruiser economy - Adam {P}
Getting a new car X?
Possibly, if SWMBO is getting one, why can't I...
Landcruiser economy - Altea Ego
4.0 litre V6 model Landbruiser?

Economy? no none of that.
You're just trying to beat me in the "I'm getting sub 20mpg" threads aren't you?
Well I would keep my Megane for longer trips and just use the Landcruiser for local pottering around so I'm not too bothered about economy. It's out of interest more than anything, I was expecting about 15mpg.
Landcruiser economy - smokie
I think what Xileno means above is, will someone answer the question? :-)
Landcruiser economy - maz64
Just in case you haven't checked already, the official combined figure is 22.2mpg (from Toyota site, doesn't give urban/extra urban).
Aye, but I've always found that what the manufacturers claim and what one gets in real life is different. Real life driving with some stopping and starting, speed humps etc, bit of 'A' and 'B' road short journeys of about 10 miles.
All figures from www.vcacarfueldata.org.uk/

urban = 16
combined = 22.2
extra urban = 27.7

I think real life tends to be closer to urban than combined unless you're doing lots of motorway miles, so 15 sounds about right.
Landcruiser economy - mss1tw
Well I would keep my Megane for longer trips and just
use the Landcruiser for local pottering around

The logic of that boggles my mind completely.
Well he's got a diesel so that makes longer trips more economical in it leaving him free to use the petrol guzzling monster on shorter journeys!
Well he's got a diesel so that makes longer trips more
economical in it leaving him free to use the petrol guzzling
monster on shorter journeys!

OK that part now makes sense. But shorter journeys to me suggests popping to the shops/pub or round a friends...surely an office block on wheels is the least suitable vehicle for this?
You'll find more people in Sainsbury's carpark are far more willing to move out of your way when you're in a Landcruiser rather than a Megane.

Besides which, I think X is pulling your leg.
You'll find more people in Sainsbury's carpark are far more willing
to move out of your way when you're in a Landcruiser
rather than a Megane.

It's all down to technique!
Landcruiser economy - Falkirk Bairn
Landcruiser Economy

Is that just 2 words that contradict each other?

An Oxymoron if I can recall my figures of Speech from Schooldays
Landcruiser economy - No FM2R
15 would be about right. Worse if you hammer it.
Thanks. I can live with 15mpg, afterall I won't be using it for long journeys.
Landcruiser economy - cheddar
I know someone with an Amazon diesel (4.2 V8 IIRC) and they only get about 22mpg, 50% better than 15 though.
For comparison, Amazon 4.2 24v TD offical figures (urban/combined/extra urban):

manual: 20/25.4/30.4
auto: 21.1/26.6/31.1

Auto more economical (less uneconomical?)
Landcruiser economy - nortones2
Why would anyone, who is allegedly about to buy a truck sized vehicle for pottering about the streets of Bath, be interested in what anyone else thinks about the economy aspect? Ergo: trying to wind-up. At least buy something less predictable to serve as an anathema!
I am not pulling anyone's leg. It is a serious consideration for next spring, although I am quite keen on the Discovery 3 as well. The reason, if you're interested, is that we want to get a nice large caravan to tow around when we go down to Devon and Wales.

The economy, within reason, is not an issue. As I said above, it was more just out of interest. Curious to know what a large petrol engine would do to a gallon.

I want to keep my Renault because firstly I like it, secondly it's useful for long trips especially to France and thirdly I've only had it a year.

I have no intention of cluttering up the streets of Bath in it, in truth I try and avoid the place like the plague.

I appreciate there's no logic to any of this, certainly no financial logic and it's probably not the most PC thing to do. No we don't need it and there are probably dozens of more sensible alternatives or strategies we could follow - such as getting a decent estate car. But I have this desire to have one we can afford it.