00 Omega 2.2 - - mat
I've recently aquired an Omega 2.2 manual estate which has done 106k miles. It seems to have been serviced every 20k miles which is less than ideal but I've just replaced the cambelt so should be safe there.

I do about 30 miles a day and have noticed two things - firstly the 'spanner' light comes on (picture of a car with a spanner in it) quite often. It will go out and perhaps not reapper for some time if the car is switched off and restarted. Any guesses as what will light the 'spanner' light? The manual gives no real clues and lumps the 'spanner' light with the 'engine' light as both indicating engine electronics problems - why two are needed is beyond me.

Secondly the LCD info display will report 'Check oil level' often at the end of a run. Again this can be got rid of by cycling the ingnition. Of course I have checked the oil level via the dipstick and it looks fine. There is evidence of a rocker cover and induction system oil leaks but not a huge amount.

I guess the answer is to pop along to the dealers and get them to read the error codes but any backroomer ideas or thoughts would be well received.

Cheers,

Mat.
00 Omega 2.2 - - Dynamic Dave
The manual gives no real clues and lumps the 'spanner' light
with the 'engine' light as both indicating engine
electronics problems - why two are needed is beyond me.

One of the lights is to indicate an emmisions fault (the one that looks like an engine block)

The other light is to tell you there is a fault in the engine or transmission electronics (that's the one you've got lit)

Can't help you with the oil level warning message.
00 Omega 2.2 - - smokie
I've had the Oil Level warning on my 98 V6. Oil level is always above min (but isn't on max) and only ever seen it when I have been travelling fast, and going up long hills. So I guess the sensor is very much an early warning. Just like the Check Brakes - mine has come on recently but I am told that the pads aren't yet 2/3rds worn.
00 Omega 2.2 - - SpamCan61 {P}
The 'oil lack' warning on my latest 2 litre flashes once the oil is half way down the dipstick, usually goes off again within a few minutes. Neiether of my previous Omegas did this, so it seems to be some cars only.

In terms of the occasional EML flash then could be pretty much anything...I would use the 'paperclip method' to check the fault codes; if this works on an 00MY Omega, , must admit I'm not sure as I've never owned one that new.
In terms of the occasional EML flash then could be pretty
much anything...I would use the 'paperclip method' to check the fault
codes; if this works on an 00MY Omega, , must admit
I'm not sure as I've never owned one that new.

I looked on the topbuzz website last night, but the 2.2 engine isn't listed, so I don't think the paperclip method is possible for this engine.
00 Omega 2.2 - - prm
Could it be the usual suspect,cam or crankshaft sensor?
00 Omega 2.2 - - SpamCan61 {P}
Yeah; crank sensor would be my first bet; on my last Omega this worked slightly loose, and gave occasional EML when driving uphill. Crank sensor also a possibility, particularly if the cam belt tension is a bit off, or the tensioner itself is worn. Hopefully this was changed at the same time as the cambelt.
00 Omega 2.2 - - mat
Thanks for the feedback everyone. From what others have seen
it looks like the oil level sensor warning is not that
uncommon. From the dipstick I can see that the car is not 'full' and I seem to recall it coming on a couple of times after braking at the end of a long straight, so it might just be a case of oil moving in the sump and tripping the sensor.

I'll get the EML light warning checked out. Are camshaft and crank sensors equally expensive to replace if it turns out to be one of them? I heard something like £140 for the cam sensor which seems a bit steep.

Cheers,

Mat.

Don't go to Vauxhall for the cam or crank sensor. Try Autovaux.co.uk. They supply genuine parts, but at a fraction of the cost of Vauxhall. I can't see the parts for your engine listed, but give them a ring and I'm sure they'll be able to help.

What can often happen with these sensors though is that the electrical connectors can become dirty and all they need is a clean up. As the fault is intermittant, that's where I would start first.