Auf Wiedersehen PD - Morris Ox
They're innovative, they're a bit noisy...and they're on the way out.

Just read that the increasing effectiveness of particulate filters means that VW is ditching is Pump Duse injector diesels in favour of a new common rail diesel range from 2007.

Wonder what that means for all the PD pilots out there?
Auf Wiedersehen PD - AlanGowdy
It means they'll drive cars with the new common rail engine. If the story in Auto Express is true (0-60 mph in just over 6 seconds and 140 mph max speed YET with around 80 mpg) they'll be pretty happy with the change.
Auf Wiedersehen PD - Altea Ego
Scratch Golf, Golf Plus, touran, and Octavia from my new car list.
Auf Wiedersehen PD - cheddar
The 1.9 is still PD in it's original form though I am not sure about the 2.0 or the latest Audi V6's.
Auf Wiedersehen PD - Dr Rubber
The 1.4 TDI, 1.9 TDI and 2.0 (SDI and TDI) are all PD engines. I think the newer versions of the 2.0 TDI have piezo injectors though. I'm not sure about the bigger engines, although I think the V10 might be.
Joe
Auf Wiedersehen PD - RichardW
I read an article in the Audi magazine about the new V range of engines with CR and Piezo injectors. Very impressive technology and power outputs / consumptions from the new engines - but god help you if it goes wrong! There were some cut-aways of the engines - working on them looks like it will be the stuff of nightmares - and that's just for simple things. Changing a cambelt looks like it will need 3 days afterwards in a dark room to recover!

I am redoubling my efforts to find another good BX TD - non of this complicated electrickery - and then keep it forever. wonder if those Bosch mechanical injection pumps really do last for 1,000,000 miles??!!
--
RichardW

Is it illogical? It must be Citroen....
Auf Wiedersehen PD - mss1tw
I am redoubling my efforts to find another good BX TD
- non of this complicated electrickery - and then keep it
forever.

Till it gets legislated off the roads :-(