Cavalier MK3 - cumfray1
Can anyone tell me how to remove the heater control panel above the stereo. I've removed the temp.display and little vent toggles & the 2 screws behind said gauge, but panel remains. Is it a removal of part of the dashboard or easier than that.

TIA
Cavalier MK3 - Deryck Tintagel
IIRC from my ownership of a Mk3 ..

Remove the shround around the steering wheel - three screws underneath the column and two behind the steering wheel boss. To get to these you will need to rotate the steering wheel about 90 degrees to the right and left from straight ahead to expose the little plastic screw covers - remove these to get at the small screws. You may need to squeeze the plastic to unclip the two halves.

With the column shroud removed you will need to remove the trim beneath the instrument cluster. To do this getly pull in the centre of the trim piece and gently prise the ends from the fixings . These can break quite easily.

Once the lower trim is removed you will see one or two screw. Remove these and the heater controls area should come forward as far as the Bowden cables will allow.

Refitting is the reverse of removal, as they say.