Steamy headlamps - Vincent de Marco
They're common, too common in fact. As I know live in a highland are I can now see that this phenomenon is much more frequent than in the city.
My Corolla suffers from it, my brother's Avensis (xenon !) as well. I also noticed it on a current-shape Audi A8 (bi-xenon !).
Now what's going on ? Surely there must be an explanation.
- - - - - - -
I am the only Pole over here.
OK, it's official: a full beam is the only remedy. Nearest dealer over 200 kms away.
- - - - - - -
Steamy headlamps - turbo11
my previous E46 BMW suffered from steamy headlamps but my current mazda,doesnt.Is it more common with headlights with plastic lenses?
Steamy headlamps - L'escargot
One headlamp on my first (early) Focus suffered from internal steam when it was cool. It was caused by the headlight casing being cracked during assembly into the car which allowed moisture to get into the casing. The cracking was caused by excessive torque being put on the mounting screws/bolts of some cars. The headlight was replaced under warranty. Ford solved the problem for later cars by controlling the screw/bolt torque to an acceptable level.
--
L\'escargot.
P.S. In other words it was an assembly technique problem not a design deficiency.
--
L\'escargot.
Steamy headlamps - Altea Ego
P.S. In other words it was an assembly technique problem not
a design deficiency

Probably not. Design of parts and assemblies in cars these days have to include assembly techniques as part of the overall design and cost.
technique problem ... design deficiency ... whatever, I mean who cares. Why can't they just do it properly in the first place ? It all looks like a simple thing, still may cause problems for the driver.
- - - - - - -
Steamy headlamps - BB
Correct RF. Servicability and assembly have to be taken into account when designing a part. On models I work on, the majority of parts have to be disassembled and re-assembled 6 times with no issues.
Steamy headlamps - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}
Happened offside on my Passat when the rubber cap behind the dip beam went AWOL.
Dried it out with SWMBO hairdryer after also opening main beam hatch thingy to get a through flow and then bodged a new cap from a plastic container.
Happened also on the nearside when I was cleaning some oil off the intercooler ducting with soapy water. Dried with hairdryer again after opening/removing covers.
Not recurred recently.
--
I wasna fu but just had plenty.
RF,
I'm only telling you the gist of what the relevant Ford Technical Bulletin said. It was a known problem and affected headlights were replaced without question under warranty.
--
L\'escargot.
Steamy headlamps - sierraman
A few silica gel packs placed in the back of the housing will soak up excess moisture.Dry them out first for best effect.
I can't help but wonder why there are apparently so many owners of newish cars with steamed up headlights who don't claim for a replacement under their car's warranty.
--
L\'escargot.
Steamy headlamps - Dynamic Dave
RF,
I'm only telling you the gist of what the relevant Ford
Technical Bulletin said. It was a known problem and affected headlights
were replaced without question under warranty.

Same applies to the nearside foglight of Vectra-C's. I had mine changed because of a faulty seal between the glass and backing plate.