Mazda: Juddering windscreen wipers - Mazda Owner
A couple of months ago during my car's annual service and MOT the Mazda dealer fitted new wiper blades front and rear. since then the near-side front wiper judders, makes and awful noise and leaves a trail of lines.

I've cleaned the screen with methylated spirit...but the wiper still judders.

Any suggestions before I return to the dealer and request a new wiper blade?

Thanks!
Mazda: Juddering windscreen wipers - sierraman
Does it judder in one direction only?If so your blade is not flopping over,observe the quite blade in action to see what I mean.To fix it the arm needs a twist in the right direction to encourage it,use an adjustable spanner closed on the flat of the arm just under the blade.
Mazda: Juddering windscreen wipers - AR-CoolC
It sounds silly but many wipers have a top and bottom, it could be fitted upside down.
Mazda: Juddering windscreen wipers - Dynamic Dave
As well as what's already been suggested, was just the rubber blade changed or the carrier as well? If it was only the blade (although I can't imagine the garage doing that) then it might be that the linkages in the carrier are worn.
Mazda: Juddering windscreen wipers - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}
Try the above- plus wiping the rubber with meths as well.
Ah- used to love that smell.
--
I wasna fu but just had plenty.
Mazda: Juddering windscreen wipers - kithmo
I'd take it back and complain, it's probably old stock and the rubber (or neoprene or whatever they're made of these days) has stiffened. I had the same problem when I fitted a pair (of reputable brand) that I had had lying around in my garage for about 5 years, they were new, still in the pack, never been opened, but over 5 years old. Although it may resolve the problem in the short term, twisting the arm should not be necessary and could cause problems with the next set of blades you fit i.e. you'll have to twist them back.
Mazda: Juddering windscreen wipers - Mondaywoe
Autoglym glass polish helps a lot - temporary solution of course. Best I've tried for cleaning glass, though.
Mazda: Juddering windscreen wipers - MrMazda
Yes, try the garage as it's quite new, but the thing that solved my Mazda juddering wipers was to extract the rubber wiper from the metal carrier, turn it top to bottom and replace.
Mazda: Juddering windscreen wipers - Mazda Owner
Thanks to everyone for their replies and the suggestions.

I removed the entire wiper assembly yesterday evening, removed the wiper blade and inserted the other way round. I then gave it a generous clean with meths.

Heavy rain this morning has thoroughly tested it and I'm pleased to annouce it no longer judders :-)

Mazda: Juddering windscreen wipers - MrMazda
Pleased to hear it's solved.

Interesting new AA ads, AA man cleans wiper with vinegar on a clean cloth - I didn't catch why, to improve efficiency I suppose.

I stuffed my poor Mazda the other night on a sticky out tow bar on the pick up in front - not too much damage but really angree with myself for getting too close. My message is take care, make sure lights, wipers, etc. are top notch for winter and leave plenty of room to the vehicle in front (you should be able to see the rear tyres when stopped in a queue I believe).