rover 1400 k series overfuelling. - tvr john

hi,
was reading a thread from "manatee" about k series 1.4 multipoint overfuelling problems. If you read this post...did you manage to solve the problem? I have a customers car with exactly same symptoms, have had ecu checked, changed/checked all sensors, replaced cat which had blocked due to excessive carbon build up.
Any ideas?

thx
rover 1400 k series overfuelling. - Civic8
Cannot answer for manatee,but this seems to be a problem even rovers either cannot fix(or are not interested in).My mate has the same problem TBO the only parts he has not replaced so far is injectors-which was a suggestion I made some time ago being all else has failed,a frustrating problem I think
--
Steve
rover 1400 k series overfuelling. - Andrew Moorey (Tune-Up)
The common causes we come across with overfuelling on the dreaded K series usually confined to signalling error on O2 sensor/poor earthing. Coolant temperature sensor error or excessive fuel pressure. Check also the solenoid controlling vapour from carbon canister is not allowing fuel to be drawn uncontrolled. Finally check the integrity of the vacuum hose between inlet plenum and MAP sensor. A hole or porosity on this tube will cause overfuelling. Beyond this you are looking for professional help.
Andrew
--
Simplicate and add lightness!!
rover 1400 k series overfuelling. - tvr john
thanks for the replies guys....

The O2 sensor was changed along with the blocked catalist, and the coolant temp sensor was my first thought and has been changed too.
The CO reading is in the range of 8-10%, extremely high suggesting an incorrect injector pulse duration from the ecu, this has been back to be checked...and has passed although i am still suspicious.

Fuel pressure checked out ok, and all vacuum hoses/pipes seem intact.

I will check the vapour control solenoid as you suggested,

will report back

thx

john