TV tonight. - David W
Have a look at Ch 4 8-9PM.

New series presented by Lee Hurst called Salvage Squad. Each week they are going to take a different type of vehicle and restore it.

This week it is a 1923 Steam Roller.

Funny they never phoned to help with the Land Rover.

Sorry about the title Growler, different thing completely your way I guess.

David
Re: TV tonight. - Andy
I've seen a clip from this programme, and it seems to have been formulated to look like one of those hateful 'makeover' shows. And why do we need a comedian?
Still, it might be worth a look....:0)
Re: TV tonight. - David W
Andy,

Yes I nearly added that it looked like the format of "Changing Gardens". Still it will be worth a look if you like the nuts and bolts of old vehicles.

David
Re: TV tonight. - David Withers
I've just watched the programme and thought it was excellent. I wonder if Claire (one of the mechanics) would like to help me on my own steam engine work? I wish!
David,

It was far from the disaster I'd expected, very enjoyable. I bet that back body took more making than they let on.

Roll on next week. Sorry

David
David,

It was far from the disaster I'd expected, very enjoyable. I bet that back body took more making than they let on.

Roll on next week. Sorry

David
Re: TV tonight. - ian (cape town)
what's on next week, Dave?
I'll have to ask the home-bodies to send me a video...
Re: TV tonight. - Dwight Van-Driver
David W

Just wait until they set to on the Gypsy Moth. Sit glued for it.

DVD
Re: TV tonight. - Ian Cook
Very watchable, David - the only thing I'd gripe about is the inane "music" that seems to accompany all documentary type programmes these days. I supose it's part of the dumbing down process for the masses.

There were some interesting cameo bits in it - particularly some of the old footage. I bet the HSE would play merry hell with men throwing white hot rivets for someone to catch in a small pot.

This 1923 steam roller was obviously not a "basket case". Even so - 4 people for 8 hours per day, over 10 days is only 320 man hours and they did well to complete it.

I'm waiting to see what they make of the Gypsy Moth. I wonder if that will be a 20 minute air worthiness test! Perhaps the people at the Shuttleworth Collection could enlist their help.

Ian
Re: TV tonight. - Slartibartfast
Some sort of Tank (as in one with a gun) next week, wonder if I could get SWMBO to phone in about my Triumph Speed twin I have lovingly stored in a tea chest or three ?
Re: TV tonight. - ian (cape town)
Slartibartfast wrote:
>
> Some sort of Tank (as in one with a gun) next week,

Could this be Ladas' 15 minutes of fame?
:)
Re: TV tonight. - Dave
You have a speed twin in boxes?

Sweet! Is it largely complete?