astra mk3 1.7td front wiper motor - jacko4
hello, sorry if this has been covered before, I have searched and found nothing, my front wiper refuses to work, as the rear one is still ok I assume the front motor is kaput as they use the same fuse, if I cant find a reasonably priced vaux one do you know of any other motors that will fit? thanks for your help
astra mk3 1.7td front wiper motor - Dynamic Dave
Do they work if you squirt the front screen?

It *might* be the relay unit in the fuse box at fault.

Have you got a multimeter that you can put on the wiring going to the wiper motor to check to see if any power is reaching it?

A motor from another Vauxhall (eg, Cavalier, Nova, Corsa, etc) might well fit, but prob best to get one for an Astra. Any breakers near to you to obtain the parts?
astra mk3 1.7td front wiper motor - Andrew Scott
Have you checked, the earth connection between the motor and the baulkhead (chassis) of the car, there was a recall for these cars in 1993/4 for this problem.If you do need a new motor, and cannot find a good secondhand try autovaux.co.uk, their prices will be cheaper than a vauxhall dealer.
Andrew
hello, thank you all for the quick replies,ill see if I can get it checked out, there is power getting to the motor cos when I took the cover off it was red hot after id put it on for a minute! thanks
astra mk3 1.7td front wiper motor - Altea Ego
Hot? Its siezed. New motor time.
astra mk3 1.7td front wiper motor - r3d_dwarf
astras got a problem with wiper motors burning out, believe me, i have known several mk3 astras in my time with this problem.

look on honest johns car breakdown on astra mk3 write up.
even he mentions it.
astra mk3 1.7td front wiper motor - Peter D
Ensure that it is now a seized bush where the wiper arm is attached befoe changing the motor. Regards Peter
astra mk3 1.7td front wiper motor - r3d_dwarf
sorry my mistake, not in honest johns write up but in what car guide ( re motor failure ).
hello,thanks again for your advice,vaux dealer wanted over £100 for a new wiper motor,I just laughed, anyway managed to get one for £30 and put it on, all seems well touch wood, cheers