An old 'friend' made an appearence on GM - BazzaBear {P}
this morning.
Didn't really see it properly, can anyone who did confirm that he won in court?
His attitude on GMTV was very much the supercilious and arrogant one we've seen in his original article and on this website when we were graced with his presence.

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=27271&...f
An old 'friend' made an appearence on GM - stevied
Who are you talking about?
An old 'friend' made an appearence on GM - trancer
Following the link trail, it appears it was the journo who got done for carrying a collapsible baton and a penknife.
An old 'friend' made an appearence on GM - daveyjp
It was a multitool not a penknife hence the trouble caused. Apparently a multitool has a lockable blade so is categorised the same as a flick knife. Anyone in possession of one has to prove they weren't going to use it as an offensive weapon as to carry one is an offence in itself (a reversal of the usual burden of proof). Carrying a penknife is legal, an offence is only committed when it is used as an offensive weapon. He also had a baton in his case and was a bit vague about this.

Ironically after seeing this I noticed our local petrol station currently has an advert for multitools on the pumps!
An old 'friend' made an appearence on GM - AngryJonny
Erm...

I have a knife with a 5-inch lockable blade. I bought it when I was 12. It currently lives in my toolbox. I like it because I know it's not going to close on my fingers when I'm using it.

So am I committing an offence when I carry my toolbox in my car?
----
Life is complex; it has real and imaginary parts.
An old 'friend' made an appearence on GM - daveyjp
If the law and this case is anything to go by yes.
An old 'friend' made an appearence on GM - AngryJonny
Well that's just daft. There are limitless things I could carry that constitute a weapon but are legal... a hammer, a pool cue, a set of kitchen knives, a sock with some coins in it... do I need to go on?

"I'm sorry sir, that bottle of wine you're carrying could be used to hit someone over the head. You'll have to come with me."
----
Life is complex; it has real and imaginary parts.
An old 'friend' made an appearence on GM - Dynamic Dave
Motoring please - otherwise this thread will go the same way as the last one.

DD.
An old 'friend' made an appearence on GM - BazzaBear {P}
If the law and this case is anything to go by
yes.

Two points need to be made.

1) If I'm correct about the TV this morning, he was found innocent, so this particular case suggsets the answer is no.

2) He had a collapsible baton on his person too - this can be used for nothing but a weapon. I think the presence of one definite weapon perhaps encourages something like a knife to be considered another weapon.

If a joiner is carrying a knife, chances are it's a tool, if a soldier is carrying one, chances are it's a weapon, if you see what I mean.
An old 'friend' made an appearence on GM - Chicken Madras
Many thanks for clearing that one up. I saw the report yesterday and was worried that I could have been nicked for having a Swiss Army knife in my glovebox.
An old 'friend' made an appearence on GM - $till $kint
www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=27271&...e

Cor, did I really write that? Sometimes I miss being a mod. Only sometimes mind you.
An old 'friend' made an appearence on GM - Altea Ego
One of you ex mods should have a "memoirs" web site, where all the deleted posts can be read for the ammusement of the rest of us!

And yes Mr Skint (sounds like a James Bond villan) before the scrumpy addled your brain, you did have a certain je nes sais quoi with the keyboard.
An old 'friend' made an appearence on GM - Adam {P}
I don't know what it was either.
An old 'friend' made an appearence on GM - No FM2R
I've never known what "je ne sais quois" is. But it doesn't sound like something that should be mixed with a keyboard. It could cause problems like I don't know what.

Years ago on Minder. Terry and Arfur stuck in a french port as Arfur is trying to get them booked into a french guest house.

Arfur turns to Terry:

"Ere, Tel. What's french for en-suite ?"

One of the greatest lines in the show.
An old 'friend' made an appearence on GM - Altea Ego
It French for "I have an edit button"
An old 'friend' made an appearence on GM - stevied
Absolutely brilliant!!
An old 'friend' made an appearence on GM - Dynamic Dave
Still little motoring discussion going on, so locked.

DD.