Caterham chooses Skodas - maz64
A month old, but just came across this (apologies if it's been mentioned already).

www.carpages.co.uk/skoda/skoda-octavia-29-09-05.asp

"Surrey based Caterham Cars has appointed Skoda to supply its Dartford factory fleet of company cars following a unanimous decision by its team of managers ..."

Shows how a brand (and its image) can change.
Caterham chooses Skodas - cheddar
Good PR, though that is what it is, PR.
Caterham chooses Skodas - Nsar
Sorry, I don't understand that comment, can you expand please?
Assuming it is PR you do not understand, Public Relations, Skoda salesman does a great job in selling a fleet of Skoda's to a Caterham, Skoda PR dept here about it and think it could make a great story, the write a press release including quotes from Caterham, send it to Caterham for approval and then send it to all and sundry in the motoring press.
I understand the PR process, it seemed an odd comment. It's good PR full stop.
I understand the PR process, it seemed an odd comment. >>

PR hence not a truly independant endorsement.
It's good PR full stop.

So we agree then.
Customer happy to endorse another company's product when it doesn't have to, independent medium happy to report the news when it doesn't have to. Ergo, independent.
Customer happy to endorse another company's product when it doesn't have
to, independent medium happy to report the news when it doesn't
have to. Ergo, independent.

Other than to say that most pubications are itching for new news I am not going to get hung up on this one. Good on Skoda for the sales and the PR, hope the Caterham guys like their Octavias.
Caterham chooses Skodas - dylan
If I were in charge of the Caterham fleet I would be bypassing the normal sales channels and talking to someone in the PR departments of each manufacturer, telling them about how willing Caterham would be to publicly endorse whichever manufacturer wins the fleet contract, and emphasising how important price is for a small company like Caterham.

I'd then be expecting some very keenly priced tenders for the contract.

Too cynical ... ? :-)