Peugeot 806 radio problem - Goatboy
Hi people,

This is second-hand information pasted on by my father, because he's kinda useless with forums ;)

He has an 806 (W-reg) with a radio/casette player. In the boot, there's a little compartment for a CD auto-changer. The blue plug is there to plug one in.

So, the other day he got a CD auto-changer, plugged it in, and... nothing!

You can press the 'source' button as much as you like, but it just switches between radio and casette. :(

Does he need a different radio for it to work? Or is he missing something?
Peugeot 806 radio problem - dereckr
The problem is that the head unit is not communicating with the changer. This can be no power to the changer, faulty changer or a compatibility problem (just because the plug fits doesn't mean it will work). You need to be sure the changer is correct for the car. Unless the correct data exchange takes place, the head unit will ignore the changer and the source button will just cycle between cassette and tuner. Where did you get this changer from?

Peugeot 806 radio problem - Goatboy
Thank you Derek.

He bought it off ebay. It's a Clarion (Peugeot's own make I think) and the previous owner says it's out of a 306/307

There's power there. It fires up, and starts scanning CD's.

Looking through the 806 handbook, it shows a different looking stereo on the page about the CD player :( So my amuater opinion says it's not compatable, right?

Has anyone got a second hand head unit?
Peugeot 806 radio problem - dereckr
From memory, the Peugeot 306 head unit is a Bosch (Blaupunkt) unit, that requires a different changer to the 406 (for example). The changers all look the same, being made by Clarion for Peugeot. The changers have slightly differing model numbers...you would need to check with Peugeot the correct type for your head unit. The powering up and scanning of the discs suggests the changer is otherwise OK. One last thing, beware of changers from the 406 saloon. This car leaks water into the changer (from a faulty tail light cluster). I would be wary of buying changers from this source.