Trafficmaster - machika
The Trafficmaster Oracle on our C5 is only operating occasionally and seems to switch on and off at random. I contacted Trafficmaster about this and they have a £79 (IIRC) callout charge before they start talking about rectifying the problem.

Is there any other way of getting this checked out without involving Trafficmaster? It really isn't worth spending a lot of money on it.
Trafficmaster - Adam {P}
Maybe it's more of a general electrical fault. I don't know how the system fits in but is there any way you can check the connectors at the back?
Trafficmaster - Timaru
I really wouldn't bother. I've coughed up the £30 subscription for the last two years but wont be bothering at the end of this month when it's due, the thing is next to useless.
Trafficmaster - Avant
I looked at Trafficmaster's website to see what Oracle was; I have a Freeway which is simply an audio warning of jams ahead, and it looks as if this isn't available any more. A pity if so as it cost only £75 + £25 annual sub + 4 AA batteries every so often - and they seem to wear out after about 4 years.

I find mine invaluable. Just today it warned me of stationary traffic on the M25 at J24-25 so that I was able to take A1 / A505 / A10 to Cambridge instead of the M11 from the M25.
Trafficmaster - Dipstick
I have a Trafficmaster gadget that just displays icons about jams ahead, which has saved my bacon over the years. No audio - but it cost £30 about five years ago and no subs, just batteries every so often. Got it from an AA shop. Not sure if they do those still but always find it very good value!
Trafficmaster - Mapmaker
Avant:able to take A1 / A505 / A10 to Cambridge instead of the M11 from the M25.

(Depending on where you wanted to go in Cambridge) you should (probably) have avoided the A10 at Royston, followed signs to Wimpole Hall up the A1198, and then picked up the A603. Much quicker - no traffic lights scarcely any 30mph zones.

Trafficmaster - Vansboy
Didn't bother transfering mine from my Maestro van to the Omega, but it did help plenty of times, warning of hold ups, ahead.

Still promising myself a TomTom or AN OTHER system, if Santa is reading this!!

VB
Trafficmaster - drbe
I don't know if we are talking about the same thing, but.......

I have Trafficmaster Freeway, which sits on my dashboard and flashes red - for bad news, or green - for no bad news, depending upon the setting.

If you want you can have a female voice (slight speech impediment) tell you what the bad news is ahead - or, that traffic is flowing freely.

No - it isn't perfect
No - it isn't infallible
But - it is a very good piece of kit and if I forget to switch it between cars, I feel very vulnerable.
Trafficmaster - Avant
Yes - Freeway is what I've got - agree entirely. I think Oracle has a display is is more akin to satnav.

Thanks, Mapmaker: I was going to the M11 (to go to Churchill College via the A1303) so that would have been a good idea. Once they've built the Baldock bypass (about 50 years late) this will I think be a better way from the South and South West to Cambridge - perhaps Norfolk too - than all the way round the M25 to the M11.