Zafira Fuel Conmsumption - perce
Does anyone get more the 35 mpg out of a 1.6 petrol Zafira ? For a 1.6 engine the performance is better than I'd expected but no matter how carefully I drive the best I can get is 35 mpg and more likely 33 to 34. In a rush on the continent at 80 to 85 mpg it can be down to 27mpg.
Zafira Fuel Conmsumption - Victorbox
Sounds about right. A friend with a 1.6 VW Touran gets about 33mpg in mixed motorway/town driving and the latest model Zafira 1.6 combined cycle is listed at 38mpg.
Zafira Fuel Conmsumption - Dynamic Dave
Does anyone get more the 35 mpg out of a 1.6 petrol Zafira ?
the best I can get is 35 mpg and more likely 33 to 34. In a rush on the continent at 80 to 85 mpg it can be down to 27mpg.

The official figures are:-

Urban driving = 28.5
Extra-urban driving = 37.7 46.3
Combined figure = 46.3 37.7

Which are always over optimistic anyway, so what you're getting sounds about right.

{Extra-urban driving & Combined figure's amended. DD}
Zafira Fuel Conmsumption - Lawrenma2
My Mum gets about 28 - 30mpg in her 1.6 Zafira.

These people carriers are all the same - it's becusse of the weight.
Zafira Fuel Conmsumption - SpamCan61 {P}
I suspect the 1.8 has a signiificantly better power to weight ratio than the 1.6; SWMBO's 1.8 does low 30s around town & just over 40 on a run. Presumably one reaosn why 1.6 is signifcantly cheap than 1.8 on the second hand market.
Zafira Fuel Conmsumption - Ruperts Trooper
Presumably the "extra-urban" and "combined" figures should be the other way round. "combined" is always somewhere between the two.

On those official figures, I'd expect low 40's on the motorway if observing speed limits.
Zafira Fuel Conmsumption - Dynamic Dave
Presumably the "extra-urban" and "combined" figures should be the other way
round.

You're right. I've now amended it.

DD.