Veg Oil - Will it stop the smoke? - Dan's 306
Just wondering if a couple of litres of Veg oil mixed with a full tank of diesel will stop the car smoking when under load prior to boost being achieved (306 D Turbo, Bosch pump)

Any Advice,
Cheers
Danny
Veg Oil - Will it stop the smoke? - skiddy2k
not sure about adding veg oil, but i no that you can get a treatment for smoke called ,'enging stop smoke', by wynns from your local motor factors.

but doesnt completely get rid of the problem.
Skiddy
Veg Oil - Will it stop the smoke? - AN Other
I'm currently trying veg oil in my 306 diesel (non-turbo, Lucas pump). According to what I've read, you can go up to 50% mix in the Bosch pump. I've so far tried 3% in my Lucas pump (max is 30%, apparently). I've not noticed any more smoke, but then it doesn't anyway. It seems to run more smoothly, but this may be psychological.

I don't see why veg oil should stop your smoking problem. However, I also don't think you'll do any harm trying it out.
Veg Oil - Will it stop the smoke? - Craig_1969
If your pump is a Lucas be very careful about any veg oil at all, you can wear it out pretty quickly.
Veg Oil - Will it stop the smoke? - solara
I've run a 306dt+bosch setup up to 80% veg oil with no probs.
Normally I would notice this especially at night under headlights of following cars.Even a 30% ratio surprised me at how hardly any smoke was given off during harsh acceleration. However, the chip shop fumes are another matter (at high ratios)! Still much better than polluting the environment with accrid diesel fumes.
Veg Oil - Will it stop the smoke? - hm
I have never done it, but am planning to...I think the veg oil helps in general becasue it does not burn as black as engine oil...it know it helps when you have a leaky turbo seal..
Veg Oil - Will it stop the smoke? - ssray
change your fuel filter v shortly after as veg drags all the rubbish from your tank and lines
Veg Oil - Will it stop the smoke? - Collos25
Vegatable oil is perfectly ok in a Lucas pump over long periods on a 50/50 mix
Veg Oil - Will it stop the smoke? - mss1tw
When you say D Turbo do you mean 1.9XUD or 2.0HDi?