Peugeot 406 tow bar wiring - Quinny
Does anyone know the wiring sequence for a tow bar on a 99 406 HDi?

I've just bought a tow bar from a work mate,but unfortunately,he took it off,but never thought to keep a list of which wires went where.(DOH!!!)
Peugeot 406 tow bar wiring - steve sedona
hi,12n normal trailer socket,pin 1 left flasher/yellow,,2 fog/blue,3 earth/white,4 right flasher/green,5 r/h tail/brown,6 brake/red, 7 l/h tail/black. for more info go to www.towitall.co.uk/trailer_wiring/instructions
Thanks for that.

But I've just found out,that the tow bar I bought from my work mate,off his 97 406,may not fit my 99 406,due to the rear valance on mine,appearing to be longer in depth.

Also,if it does fit,how do you fit the bolts through the chassis legs?

The bolts he gave me,have no nuts for them,but there aren't any threads inside the chassis legs,for which to attach these bolts too,and the chassis legs only have holes on one side,so the bolts don't go all the way through,and have nuts put on the other end.

It's also not possible to get your fingers inside the chassis legs,and hold a nut against the bolt,while you tighten it up.

Can anyone enlighten me?
Peugeot 406 tow bar wiring - Frogeye
The nuts should have a length of rod welded onto them, so that you poke them into place throgh a hole in the chassis member and hold them by the rod until the bolt is tightened.
Peugeot 406 tow bar wiring - Mike M
Ken,

Email me and I'll send you a picture of what these nuts look like. Mine came with the towbar - I'm not sure if you can buy then separately.

Mike
Mail sent.

Ken.
Peugeot 406 tow bar wiring - Chas{P}
www.witter-towbars.co.uk/towbars/vehicle_technical...6
--
Was Charles {P} but someone c o p i e d my name with spaces.