1000th car crushed in Hull - martint123
From Hull Daily Mail tinyurl.com/azbcr

The 1,000th untaxed or abandoned car in Hull has been crushed as part of the £80,000 Operation Cubit campaign.

THIS is what happens if you don't pay road tax.

That was the simple message to motorists today as a red Chrysler Neon became the 1,000th car to be crushed in Hull in two years.

All the vehicles have been destroyed in five two-week sweeps across the city under Operation Cubit.

and more.......

1000th car crushed in Hull - BazzaBear {P}
You'd think it'd be far more cost-effective to sell them on rather thyan crushing. More ecologically sound too.
I suppose there would be legal issues with selling someone elses property though.
1000th car crushed in Hull - cumfray1
It would be better if they crushed Hull. Sorry if any of you live in Hull. I think they do sell the more half decent ones through auctions and suchlike, it's the not likely & definitely not likely to pass an MOT ones that get crushed. Could be wrong though
1000th car crushed in Hull - Vin {P}
From the Magna Charta:

If anyone has been dispossessed or removed by us, without the legal judgment of his peers, from his lands, castles, franchises, or from his right, we will immediately restore them to him

Where's the judgment in these cases? This is summary justice.

V

PS. I'm not saying I don't approve on a personal level, just wondering where the judiciary is protecting us from the executive in this case.