Why do new posters.... - Happy Blue!
We've had a load of new Backroomers recently, all asking reasonable questions to which a few of us have answered and yet there is no response from the thread author, no thanks no nothing - they just disappear. Where do they go? Why bother to ask the question if they do not listen to the answer?

--
Espada III - well if you have a family and need a Lamborghini, what else do you drive?
Why do new posters.... - Collos25
I think the worst are the ones that start "how much would it cost"
Why do new posters.... - smokie
This is a Good Point, and applies to all BackRoomers, new and old.

Where advice or information is sought, please remember to come back and tell us the decision/resolution. Not only out of common courtesy, but additionally it helps enhance the "knowledge base" aspects of the Back Room, and also gives some satisfaction to contributors.

The other side of that is, where a poster has sought advice, made and acted upon his decision and reported back, there usually isn't really much more to discuss. In particular I consider discussion over why it was the "wrong" choice to be a waste of time and effort after the event. This came to mind in the recent "Car to do 200,000 miles a year" thread (or whatever it was) where new suggestions (including reviewing the whole reason and method) emerged once the thread was revived with the original poster's response.

smokie, BR Moderator
Why do new posters.... - Altea Ego
Oh smokie, please dont ban "I told you do" its the only thing that makes the week beareable.(sic)

Bear? smokie? Gedit?

:: Coat Coat wheres that damn coat ::
Why do new posters.... - BobbyG
I sometimes post questions on the IHAQ thread but sometimes it closes and a new one opens before I get to say thanks!

But agreed, where possible, lets have some feedback from authors as to whether advice was useful.
Why do new posters.... - Dynamic Dave
My only real gripe with new posters is some seem to press the "quote original message" button after typing their reply - which is called top posting in cyber terms.

Not a big deal, but one that gets my goat nevertheless. I do tend to edit these posts when I see them.

As I said, not a big deal, but more of a hint to those that do it so that my pet goat gets a rest from time to time ;o)
Why do new posters.... - Adam {P}
It gets on my nerves when new posters post mindless drivel and will talk about and to anyone.

Really annoys the hell out of me.
Why do new posters.... - Dynamic Dave
Really annoys the hell out of me.

Pot + kettle?
Why do new posters.... - Adam {P}
Switch your sarcasm-ometer on Dave ;-)
Why do new posters.... - Mr.Tee43
Guilty as charged,but I only got two replies to my original question,so fully intended to reply later on when there were maybe more !
Why do new posters.... - Tomo
We were all new posters once; when we were even less bright at computers than now, perhaps.

Why do new posters.... - Huw
Anyway - Who started this thread?
Me, and?............

--
Espada III - well if you have a family and need a Lamborghini, what else do you drive?
Why do new posters.... - L'escargot
We were all new posters once; when we were even less
bright at computers than now, perhaps.

My computer literacy has improved tremendously since I joined The Backroom. In case I omitted to thank anyone in particular at the time, then I would like to take this opportunity to say thank you to everyone that has helped me.
--
L\'escargot.
Why do new posters.... - Dave_TD
This came to mind in the recent "Car to do 200,000 miles a year" thread (or whatever it was) where new suggestions
(including reviewing the whole reason and method) emerged once the thread was revived with the original poster's response.

That was me, that was.

I've been working such ridiculous hours that sometimes I don't have chance to check the Backroom for maybe weeks at a stretch, but I can assure you it has helped me a lot.

Dave.
No complaints about you Dave - it was those who continued the discussion after you had annouced you had bought the Passat that drove me mad.
--
Why do new posters.... - smokie
Yup, that was my point Espada, thanks.