Mercedes 190E 2.0l - CDL
I am looking to fit a K&N airfilter to a 1992 Mercedes 190E 2litre. It has mechanical fuel injection and I have been told they don't make a K&N to fit. It looks like a bolt-on unit would fit but does anyone know if it can be done?
Mercedes 190E 2.0l - Collos25
why should you want to fit one it will not make the blind bit of difference except in your wallet
Mercedes 190E 2.0l - CDL
Thanks for the advice but I'm not changing it for performance, the standard one I have fitted is damaged. A K&N is only around £45 and lasts for life.
Mercedes 190E 2.0l - Collos25
There must be plenty of these in scrap yards and K&N you must clean and oil them at variuos intervals if you get to much oil you ruin the maf
Mercedes 190E 2.0l - Altea Ego
You dont wanna do that. A K&N will make it very noisy.
Mercedes 190E 2.0l - MW
I had an old Citron 2CV once that needed the sponge air filter to be washed in white spirit, and re-oiled. Seems a sensible idea, ecological etc. In practice its very messy, time consuming, and I had doubts about the efficiency of it compared to paper. If the 190 is like the W124, then there is a temperature sensor in the air filter body. If you loose this the engine mixture etc will be out.
Get a new one from a breakers = £10 + £13 filter at Euro Car Parts and all is well. Life is not about the complexities and seductiveness of air filters. Why bother about an expensive filter that will add nothing. If it did, Mercedes would grasp it willingly.