vectra speed sensor fitting - honey bee
Hi all,
I have a 95 vectra 1.8 which is beset with engine management probs amongst others! The management light appears and the engine dies. The car is revived after a brief rest, awkward in town and in the fast lane! I have a new engine speed sensor to fit, but cant see where it connects. The cable sweeps past the power steering pump where I lose sight of it. Now, how do I approach this little devil, is it a radiator removal, or can I get at it from underneath the engine?
No laughing, please help!
vectra speed sensor fitting - elekie&a/c doctor
The engine speed sensor (or crankshaft sensor) is fitted in the side of the engine block behind the power steering (&a/c pump bracket if fitted).Access to it is best from under the car.It is held in place by 1 torx bolt.It is fairly awkward to fit but can be done without removing any other components.The 3-pin connector terminates near the air intake hose.Suggest you attach a long piece of cable to the old sensor lead (by the plug)& feed it down the path of the old lead ,you can then attach the new one & fiddle it up behind the pas bracket.

vectra speed sensor fitting - helicopter
Honey Bee - Are you sure that the speed sensor is the cause of the problems?

I had very similar problems which were caused by a blocked cat.

It took a long time and much grief and expense to find this out.

Its certainly worth checking if your new speed sensor does not cure the problem