Really big car - Lee H
Well, more of a van really.

I've been shifting my wordly goods around the country this weekend in a hired new Transit LWB Luton with tail-lift.

Thought I'd post to see what everyone else thinks to the new Transits. This thing had remote locking, alarm and lots of stuff you'd expect only find on the car. The whole thing seems well thought out, I kept finding myself thinking "that's clever" when discovering another new feature.

Moreover, I drove it about 450 miles in two days and it was both quick and easy to drive. Didn't feel at all tired, and in fact found the miles just flew by.

Very impressive and a huge improvement over the previous Transits I've driven. Wonder if the Ford cars have improved since the H reg Fiesta I drove last?!

Lee.
Re: Really big car - Rip Van Winkie
No.
Really big car - David Lacey
No.

They haven't. Period.

Dave
Re: Really big car - Simon Butterworth
So now it's got Front wheel drive and a low floor? Just like a renault trafic from 1985?
A really big car - Netpilot
No this is a big car........... I rest my case........

www.pistonheads.com/shows/detroit2002/index.asp?st...1
Re: A really big car - Graham
I dislike fords, but have always loved transits. It's like somebody has put up a suggestion box in a builders yard, and actually taken notice of what was said, great vans!
Re: A really big car - Ian Cook
The new Transit is a brilliant van. A friend of mine has just bought one - just a basic box type.

Dare I say it but, for a Ford, it's civilised. I also run a van (privately) and my only real gripe is that they are relatively expensive. You can by the Berlingo Multispace (estate, I suppose) for about the same as the 800Kg van with VAT. Why? Probably because most van buyers get their VAT refunded and aren't bothered.

Ian