New fiesta? decision time - peter
Has any body published guide prices model range for the new fiesta due out shortly?

Iam trying to dissuade my 81 yr old father from trading in his 5 yr old fiesta for a run out model. He is attracted by current incentives (note it is total cash cheaper to take finance at 3.4% with £1000 cash back than 0% finance offer). The cars on offer have all the extras that he doesnt want or need! Alloys to damage, A/C to confuse so wont use (hence mtce liability), radio that he wont understand, electric widows to fail....... The hassle of trade sales or other supermarket site etc is just to great for him, local main dealer is friendly service in a small town (they can afford to be!)

My view is that if and when his driving gets to the point where he gives up (poss in 3?yrs, but I might have said that 5 yrs ago!) the trade in or sale value of the newer model will more than make up for the additional cash outlay. Surely Ford have got to make a base model with the 1.4 engine.

Dont suggest the Ford Web site, words fail me or will get me banned. They need to look at what the opposition does for user friendly fast usable information.
Re: New fiesta? decision time - anthony farrar
Sorry no advice but where do you get finance at 3.4%?
Re: New fiesta? decision time - peter
Ford special offer apparently.
Re: New fiesta? decision time - David W
Peter,

You need to dissuade him from changing full stop. What will a brand new Fiesta (even the new model) do for him the existing one won't?

David
Re: New fiesta? decision time - Moosh
3.4% ??

What is the Annual Percentage Rate ....APR ??
Re: New fiesta? decision time - Honest John
Tell him to wait just another six weeks or so for the Honda Jazz, from £9,000.

HJ
Re: New fiesta? decision time - Tom Shaw
The currant crop of Fords must be the most boring in the company's history, and the new Fiesta looks like it will be no exception. Why didn't they develop and market the Cougar and the Probe with a bit more effort and enthusiasm? The Focus looks like it was styled by the person who choses colour schemes in DSS waiting rooms. No wonder they are on the skids.
Re: New fiesta? decision time - Ronnie Courtney
Peter

If an applicant for finance is over a certain age, and whatever the APR, I believe that a finance company may require a dependant - you!? - to act as guarantor - worth checking, unless Mark knows better. In any case, and as so often, David W is right - keep your pen in your pocket and stick with the present Fiesta unless HJ's suggestion of a Honda Jazz really takes your Dad's fancy, perhaps with the "delete options" you envisage.

Ronnie

PS Could the H(onda) J(azz) be what HJ is hankering after as his own next car? Shame, I had him down for a low mileage Evo, with one careful lady owner ......
Re: New fiesta? decision time - Andrew
Ford on the skids?

2001 figures

UK Best selling car - Ford Focus
Ford UK Market share - 16.4%

US Best Selling SUV - Explorer
US Best Selling Truck - F-150

Jaguar, Land Rover, and Volvo all increased sales.

Guess Ford will be bust in a couple of weeks then.
Re: New fiesta? decision time - Tom Shaw
They might be selling cars, but that hasn't stopped them losing money by the shed load. Read the financial pages.
I like the Focus. Trouble is, so does everyone else. Which is why I can't buy one.

HJ
Re: New fiesta? decision time - peter
Personally I like the Focus, is the Fiesta going to build on the Focus strengths or just its reputation?
Re: New fiesta? decision time - markymarkn
I had a focus as a company rental car once - 1.8 zetec

-Hated the cheap feeling, damn ugly dash,
-Engine had far less go compared to my 12 year old 1.8 astra
-Seats weren't all that comfortable over long distance
-didnt like the stereo

Didnt really drive it enough to tell anymore.

But I do think they look allright from the outside when they have alloys on them etc. If I suddenly lost student status and became rich enough, my money wouldnt go on a focus though.

Mark.
Re: New fiesta? decision time - Mark (Brazil)
I've never even been in one, but they do look good for their market. EMOH, anyway.

M.

*David, it means - en mi opinión humilde. From now on I think I'm gonna go all acronyms in spanish. Now, if only I can work out how to do a spanish smiley.
Re: New fiesta? decision time - Lee H
c|:)

Does that work? It's a poor attempt at a mexican hat.

Ay-Ay-Ay
Lee.
Ford hasn't been losing money in Europe overall.

HJ