Polo Mk3 battery well - horatio
Call me nuts, but I don't like the battery sitting under the windscreen driver side. The car has gone all rusty in there and water leaks into the footwell, if it is parked facing up-hill.

I had it welded a good 6 - 8 years ago and it is now all rusty again. (originally it was caused by battery acid leaking from the crappy VW battery which was supplied from new (previous owner), I put a sealed one in. but the damage has been done.

I'd like to re-site the battery, but the only place I can see for it would be in the boot. Is this possible?
Polo Mk3 battery well - Xileno {P}
It's technically possible - most things are - but not worth all the effort on a car that can't be worth more than a few hundred.
Just remove the battery, slap some waxoyl down and forget it.
Polo Mk3 battery well - Altea Ego
It is technically possible, but a real pig to do and it would always be a bodge job.
Polo Mk3 battery well - Roberson
Why has it rusted through for a second time? There should be a drain hole in there, is any water draining away (apart from in the foot well ;-) ).

I would say its easier to have it welded again, making sure its properly painted or waxoiled, and keep the battery in the same place.
Polo Mk3 battery well - horatio
It was a bitch of a job first time round to weld it, because it is a very cramped work space, impossible to get any tools into this area. The rust will now be even more widespread.

The drain hole is there, and unblocked. I have found facing down hill the water doesn't enter the foot well.

What's that round cylinder thing about 3 inches diameter 6 inches long that sits by the battery? Just wondering :o)

Maybe the passenger foot well would be a better relocation site. Take the wires through the bulkhead along side the wiring looms.
Polo Mk3 battery well - Roberson
What's that round cylinder thing about 3 inches diameter 6 inches
long that sits by the battery? Just wondering :o)

Motor for the windscreen wipers I think.