non starting polo - polosteve
my 1994 polo gt coupe would not start one wet night.the car a 1300 injection (3f engine) will not start.it was running a short time and then would not start, i tried jumping and towing it to try to start it. there is no spark at the plugs, there was a new dizzy fitted two weeks ago it was running fine until that night. i have just fitted a new coil to it i changed the rotor arm and cap at the same time as it was black and pitted and they are not that expensive, the leads are 4 months old. what do i look at next?
non starting polo - Dynamic Dave
Has it got an immobiliser fitted?
Is there any power getting to the coil?
yes there is an immobilise (the engine turns over with the key )i think the immobiliser is woking ok, is there a way of takeing it out of the pic for now till the problem is sorted.i will check the power to the coil.
non starting polo - sp30
i had the same car once, (they are great little motors too) i had problems with the vacuum return (small black pipe that runs from carb to dissy cap) it took me ages to find it out, i replaced entire ignition system!! it is rone to coming off as vw opted not to fit it with a clip or clamp!!!! worth a try mate!
the polo is fuel injection
non starting polo - Civic8
>>is there a way of takeing it out of the pic for now till the problem is sorted

Err no,if the immobiliser is not working you can turn over as long as you like and it wont fire.As DD mentioned check for power at coil
--
Steve
non starting polo - horatio
Has your Dizzy got a vacuum chamber on the side? that's what sp30 was on about.

You said you changed the dizzy, have you changed the dizzy body or just cap and rotor?
non starting polo - Civic8
>>Has your Dizzy got a vacuum chamber on the side?

Advance retard pipe/chamber, will not stop it from starting.But will prevent advance for accelerating as it should
--
Steve
new dizzy body no vacuum chamber on the side there is power going to the coil
non starting polo - Peter D
Locate the fuel pump fuse in the upper facial engine bay under the windscreen and one check it and 2 use a amp meter in place of the fuse and get someone to turn the ignition on and monitor the current it takes, you will need a ten amp range. Then when it auto shuts off ( 2 seconds ) then crank the car and monitor the current. If both are good then it is not a immobiliser problem or fuel pump problem. Regards Peter
SORTED it was the IGNITION MODULE £48+ callout i am gutted........
thanks to everyone