Squire Furneaux Volvo, High Wycombe - SjB {P}
I guess it is human nature to moan when things go wrong in the eye of the consumer which is why we read more negative posts than positive ones. Well, to redress the balance a little, 10/10 to Squire Furneaux Volvo, High Wycombe.

I popped in yesterday to buy a new oil filter and to order a new 12 volt socket for the cargo bay to replace the one I broke the lid off on holiday. My request to 'please post' the latter to me was happily granted.

In the event though, and after I had drained the oil out today, I found that they had supplied me with the wrong filter paper element (the outer cartridge is reused). A quick phone call later and with the dealer 20 miles away and my car with no oil in it, their technician who happens to live near to me promised to bring a replacement on his way home.

He duly did, arriving as promised, and - without me asking - also brought the special wrench to do the filter up that I hadn't realised was needed. By the time I had gone to get the car keys, he was on the floor under the car and had finished the job for me!

He then produced the 12 volt socket I had ordered and which had been delivered to the dealer earlier in the day. Full marks for remembering. Shaking hands and apologizing for the error, I was then given a free gift of zipper case with items such as litre of synthetic oil, collapsible oil funel, tyre tread gauge, and some other bits and bobs in it. Okay, I don't "need" the gift, but a gift is a gift and I thought the total service to be exemplary.

"All" I purchased was a 12 volt socket and oil filter worth £20 in total...
Squire Furneaux Volvo, High Wycombe - Manatee
Just goes to prove that the most satisfied customers are usually those who've had a complaint or problem that has been dealt with properly. Customers who complain present you with an opportunity to make them love you forever, which amazingly few companies seem to realise.
Squire Furneaux Volvo, High Wycombe - PhilW
"satisfied customers are usually those who've had a complaint or problem that has been dealt with properly."
Quite right - I had a problem with my dealer, had not got the necessary part when car in for service and promised to ring me when it came in. 6 months later they hadn't rung so I sent them a snotty e-mail asking whether their phones were broken or whether they just didn't give damn about customer service. Next day, phone call, apologies, free valet, discount on next service etc and I now feel very kindly disposed towards them when a couple of days earlier it was "I'll never come to you again, useless service etc etc" I even feel quite guilty about the snotty e-mail!! I will no doubt apologise when I next go in!!
Squire Furneaux Volvo, High Wycombe - SjB {P}
I quite agree with the above comments, and nearly said as much myself. Indeed if only many companies, and the people working in them realised as much.
Squire Furneaux Volvo, High Wycombe - frazerjp
Very impressive SJB, i dont live more then 7 miles from them, if only i had a Volvo ;-) lol but never mind!
--
Its not what you drive, its how you drive it! :-)
Squire Furneaux Volvo, High Wycombe - Hugo {P}
As PhilW indicated, it's how complaints are dealt with that people remember.

Mistakes happen, that's a fact of life. However it's the way that service providers/retailers deal with these mistakes that is remembered.

Also SJB, I suggest you write to the Dealer Principle by name and mention by name the technician who came to your house and explain how pleased you were. A letter to Volvo UK would not go amiss either.

I did this with a merchant I use. There were no problems but I just got very good service. I was having a lot of aggregate products delivered at the time. I received a letter from head office thanking me for the time. I also received a heartfelt thanks from the driver whome I praised. The service I received further improved from all the staff. The prices I was paying also came down.

The driver appears to have been promoted. I was actually given some aggrigate and sand (damaged 1 tonne bags) all with the blessing of the depot manager. Also they continue to do what they can for me every time I have a request.