Shipping Cougar To Australia - John Gardiner

>
> I have the opportunity to work in Sydney for the next 2 to 3 years, an
> opportunity which I am finding hard to resist.
> There is a downside however, I will be hit with a big loss when I sell my
3 year old( 18,000 miled )Ford V6 Cougar, which I have had since new, before
> departing Blighty. Is it worth shipping the car to Oz? If so what problems
> can I expect re insurance, servicing and Oz equivalent of MOT?
> Thank you
Re: Shipping Cougar To Australia - Moosh
Apart from the obvious expense of shipping be aware there could be a heavy import (luxury) tax to pay.
You may be exempt from this if you can prove its for your personal use and not selling it on.
Re: Shipping Cougar To Australia - ladas are slow
you will also have trouble finding parts, and if you DO need any parts then you might have to get them sent from england (or whatever country that can supply parts), the main dealers might not service your car.
Re: Shipping Cougar To Australia - Road Warrior
Why would he have trouble finding parts? Ford do actually sell 2 versions of the cougar in Australia. These are the SX and Eibach. Unless they have two factories making 2 rhd versions of this car, I would expect parts to be no problem. Fords will have to ship the parts to Australia from the parts factories anyway. Just the same as BMW will have to ship parts from Germany to all over the world (ok, apart from the Z3).
Re: Shipping Cougar To Australia - robert
John,

Why not put a stop to this speculation and contact Ford Australia direct and ask them:

www.ford.com.au/contact/Contact.asp

Easy peasy .......

Good luck & have a great trip.

Robert
Re: Shipping Cougar To Australia - Mark (Brazil)
Can't help you with the cost, but these people can.......

www.transinternational.com.au/moveaus.stm

As for the car, you will be paying taxes and duty. These people can tell you how much...
Can't help you with the cost, but these people can.......

www.transinternational.com.au/moveaus.stm

As for the car, you will be paying taxes and duty. These people can tell you how much...

www.customs.gov.au/
Martyn !!!! It did it again !
Re: Shipping Cougar To Australia - G
Sources inform me that a new Subaru WRX (for example) is £12,000 in Oz. ($38,000 AUD)
Might sweeten the loss on the Cougar if you decide to sell....
Re: Shipping Cougar To Australia - CM
I ship a lot of goods out to the Far East and use a company called Jardine Logistics Tel: 01268 419590

They have a weekly service and are inexpensive/reliable although I have never asked them to ship a car!
Re: Shipping Cougar To Australia - John Gardiner
Thank you everybody. I have emailed Ford Australia ( Thank you Robert ) I suspect though that I will have to suffer the loss and sell before I leave.
Re: Shipping Cougar To Australia - THe Growler
Buy a Holden V-8 Mate.