Rover head gasket - touristboy
How much would it be to buy a replacement head gasket for an M Reg Rover Metro, just the parts not the labour?

Cheers
Rover head gasket - Civic8
Which engine?
--
Steve
Sorry, 1.1 8 valve engine. Is the girlfriends car! Definitely a 1.1.
Rover head gasket - sierraman
Head gasket sets are generally around £25,you might get the gasket on its own for a bit less.
Rover head gasket - madf
If you're just changing the headgasket and keepinmg it, you are likely to be wating your time and money. If the HG has gone, you will need inlet/exhaust gaskets and in all likelyhood, the head should be skimmed and new headbolts needed. Of course, if it's just a patch and get rid job...
madf
Rover head gasket - Collos25
Why not ring a parts shop and get the answer for yourself
Rover head gasket - bbroomlea{P}
£20 to £30 for the full gasket set...doddle on the 1.1 8valve - if its not overheated then head wont need reskimming, if it has and for the sake of £50 its worth it or you'll have to do it again very soon.

Worth replacing the cam belt whilst its in bits as well regardles of when it was last done.

Cheers for replies.

The car needs topping up with coolant as it often overheats and there is mayo on the oil cap so is on its way, our local garage priced parts all in at £25 and is fitting cam belt for £50.
Rover head gasket - Aprilia
I have done these in the past. Its an OHC engine and I would always get the head skimmed *and* have it pressure tested. I was charged £60 by a local machine shop last time I have this done.