mondeo diesel 2.0DI (115bhp) - harold d

Has anyone else bought a new Ford Mondeo diesel 2.0DI (115bhp duratorq engine) and been disappointed with the fuel return when compared with the fuel returns quoted in various magazines and websites?

I've done about 4,000 miles in mine from new and and getting a return of 35.5mpg all the time whether I am driving in towns or on motorways. No matter what driving style I adopt I can never get anywhere near the 47-48mpg (combined) figure many sites quote and certainly not the 61.4mpg extra-urban figure in the dealers brochure.

I've been to a Ford dealer after doing a "fuel test" that they requested and their answer was that the car is "within spec", spec being 34.4 - 61.4mpg.

Does anyone think there could be a fault with the car and if so how can I take the matter further?

Could any owners of the above model let me know what mpg they are getting?

Thanks
Re: mondeo diesel 2.0DI (115bhp) - Ian L
Harold,

see the thread by HJ below

Ian L.
Re: mondeo diesel 2.0DI (115bhp) - Charles Gow
Yes, I was one of the original complainers as I consistently get no more than 38 mpg and I am not pushing my car hard nor fully laden. Ford have told me that I am 'within acceptable parameters'. I do not think so. My last Mondeo diesel purchased in 1997 did 47 mpg fully laden with ski kit,5 on board to the French Alps and back - 3 times.

I, too would like to hear from others.