Pug 406 Remote Locking Problem - Fiesta Fanatic
Hi

My keyfob has two buttons, button A for locking the doors and button B for the deadlocking system. These buttons must be pressed in succession for the car to be completely locked and armed. This worked fine until recently when a little chirp comes from the alarm after pressing button B. The car remains locked and the alarm is activated.

Referring to the manual it says that if there is a little chirp after pressing button B a door and/or bonnet/boot is not closed properly. I have checked all doors etc and they are closed. If I arm the car manually (turn the key to lock the car and keep it there for 1 second for deadlocking) no chirp is sounded.

Any ideas? I'm a little miffed!

Thanks in advance.
Peugeot 406 Alarm/Deadlock - Fiesta Fanatic
Hi

I have posted this question before without any replies... if anyone could help I would really appreciate it (before having to take the car to a main dealer!).

I have a Peugeot 406 on a P plate and it has a factory fitted alarm and deadlocking system. This is activated by pressing two buttons on the key fob in succession (a large one to lock the care and activate alarm and a smaller one for the deadlock). When this is activated the indicators flash and thats it.

Recently I performed the above procedure and a small chirp was sounded after the second button was pressed. I read the manual and it said that if this happens one of the doors and/or bonnet/boot is not closed properly. I checked everything and it was all locked up.

This is more an annoyance rather than a security issue because the car is definitely alarmed and deadlocked (have tested the alarm by sitting in the car and activating the sensors, and the deadlocking sound can be heard). If the deadlocking is performed manually (by inserting the key into a lock and turning it towards the rear of the car for 1 second) after pressing the large button on the keyfob no chirp is sounded.

Any help/advice would be really appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
Rick.
Peugeot 406 Alarm/Deadlock - Bill Payer
Mine used (I don't have it anymore) to do this if I locked it when the rear door (estate) was open, and would then 'arm' itself when the door was closed. I *think* if one of the normal doors was open then it would simply unlock itslef again.
Can only suggest that you check whatever it is (switch) that tells the car thet the boot is closed (and possibly the bonnet too?) and see if the switch is perhaps corroded, not earthed etc.
Peugeot 406 Alarm/Deadlock - Fiesta Fanatic
yep, what you say makes sense... I will have a look to see if I can find something... of course a Haynes manual would be useful, but they dont make one for my model!

Thanks for the reply.