2000 Vectra 1.8SXi - top turkey
Hi all.

I have a W plate 1800 Vectra and have just had to have an air sensor replaced (£167) as the engine management light came on following a series of serious judders and stalling. 'The Computer' said that was to blame.

When the car was in the garage, they advised that the throttle body also needed replacing, as that was also to blame for cutting out when revs reach sub 1000 and hesitant acceleration.

As I have quite a daily commute, I agreed to this at a cost of £320.

Is this a well known or common problem on the Vectra? It has done 68k and regularly serviced and well looked after. I can't help feeling that I have been taken for a ride (just out of cynacism as opposed to anything else), but I can't argue about this with the garage as I simply don't know enough.

Any views or comments?

Cheers.

TT

--
Top Turkey - the fastest hands in Brum
2000 Vectra 1.8SXi - Collos25
The problem is not uncommon on a lot of cars my merc included,the price might be.
2000 Vectra 1.8SXi - Dynamic Dave
When the car was in the garage, they advised that the
throttle body also needed replacing, as that was also to blame
for cutting out when revs reach sub 1000 and hesitant acceleration.

Did they give you the option of them cleaning it before just going ahead and replacing?
2000 Vectra 1.8SXi - top turkey
Well, the air sensor was replaced on Saturday and when I picked the car up, I was told that the throttle body was faulty and would need to be replaced to get over the problem of poor idling.

Again, showing my ignorance, can this happen through a certain driving style?

Cheers.
--
Top Turkey - the fastest hands in Brum