Can private car parks trace your address - joodle
I got a parking ticket at a private car park yesterday (euro car parks) and I have been told my a friend that they have no way of tracing your address because they are a private company rather than a local authority, so they can't access police/dvla records. So if you don't pay the fine, they can't do anything. Does anything know if this is true?

Thanks.
Can private car parks trace your address - Armitage Shanks {p}
Well some sc*m bags have got access to the DVLA data base for the purpose of chasing up continental speeding fines and parking tickets, for their own private profit. They may not have the right ot enforce the penalties (they send a threatening letter which you can probably ignore) but they HAVE got access to the database and they are definitely a private company so you may or may not be safe.
Can private car parks trace your address - Dwight Van Driver
Bearing in mind the number of local Authorities that have contracted out Parking Enforcement to such firms as that mentioned then as I understand it legislation is in place for DVLA to give out information on Registered Keepers without infringment of FOI.

As regards enforcement by such companies if not paid Civil Action taken for recovery of a debt and if not paid after this Baliffs involved.

I have also heard that his firm will go to the n'th degree to get the cash.

dvd
Can private car parks trace your address - drbe
Call me old-fashioned, but if you got a ticket in a private car park, why don't you just pay it?
Can private car parks trace your address - BobbyG
I can confirm everything that DVD says. We use this firm at work. Would defeat the purpose of using them if they cannot follow through.
Can private car parks trace your address - Happy Blue!
Oh yes Eurocarparks are very agressive and the DVLA think there is nothing wrong in supplying the keepers details when they ask for them.

I got stung once by them, in a place where I thought I was parking on a street at night, and found out later I had crossed over a flat kerb onto their land. Fortunately, I got instructed on a rent review a couple of weeks later by the chairman of the company and paid the 'fine' to a charity I am involved in, instead of to the company itself.

--
Espada III - well if you have a family and need a Lamborghini, what else do you drive?
Can private car parks trace your address - martint123
"Voluntary Code of Practice for Private Car Parking Enforcement"

www.dvla.gov.uk/vehicles/codeprac.htm

4.1. Information will be disclosed on condition that it relates to, and will be used only in connection with, an enquiry relating to the identification of a vehicle keeper for a parking contravention/trespass on private property.
Can private car parks trace your address - Stuartli
It does make a nonsense of the Data Protection Act doesn't it?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
Can private car parks trace your address - martint123
It does make a nonsense of the Data Protection Act doesn't it?

Not really, you agree to their terms when you register your vehicle. AFAIK when you register with the DP folk you say what the data is going to be used for, not that you won't tell anyone.
data protection??? Not worth the paper it's written on.....
I have parked in that area loads of times and all the pay and display machines are until 6pm only, so when I arrived at 8pm, I didn't even bother looking at the machine. It wasn't obvious that it was a 24hr charge because when I looked at the machine after finding the ticket, it was only in small print so you had to be at the machine in order to see it. You would not have noticed it when driving into the car park. If I'd deliberately overstayed past the time limit then fair enough, but given that the car park was half empty and it was at night, when there's hardly any traffic, it seems a bit greedy to still charge people for parking. Even the local authority don't do that - the on street parking adjacent to the car park was free after 6pm!!!!