toyota yaris misdiagnosed - hank7
I have a 5 year old yaris 1.0 vvti engine which developed a slight engine noise in march 2005 took the car to the local toyota garage who could not hear anything wrong.Driving
back from a 120 mile journey i noticed the engine management light had come on 30 miles from home pulled over did the usual checks oil water ect, Drove home at a steady 35mph, booked in to local garage(not toyota garage) had a service done and engine management check (air flow meter was cleaned)and was told to keep a eye on the timing chain because it was noisy.

we decicded to take the car to the local toyota garage to have this noise checked out again some five months after the first visit. I was quoted £213 labour costs+parts+vat, they thought it was just the tensioner that needed replacing and would take approximatley 4hrs to complete. The next day I was told the water pump was leaking i told them to replace the part. two days later cars still not ready they were waiting for parts,
day later told the belt might need replacing.One whole week later after droping the car of they have informed me there is still a noise in the engine and they have now discovered water in the oil and neede a total strip down to dicver the fault i checked oil and water before i took it never lost any in five years, anybody got any suggestions on whats gone wrong.