1993 CLIO Diesel-Head Gasket gone? - tartanraider
The car is blowing coolant out through the pressure cap,no visible leaks elsewhere.
No mayonnaise under the oil filler cap or oil in water but system is pressurising.
Timing belt is being renewed at this time (car has 68000+ on clock) and haynes manual says I need a special tool to tension the belt or get dealer to tension it as soon as possible after installation.Is there some way I can do this myself? Can I get the tool anywhere?
The Haynes manual also says there are three different thicknesses of gasket and that I have to take relevant measurements with a dial test indicator to ascertain which is the correct one.Is this really necessary,would it be risky to just fit the thickest gasket? I do only want to do this job once so if I must do it that way then I will!
Any other jobs worth doing at the same time?

And finally,just a comment.Are Renault incapable of building an engine that doesn't blow a gasket? I did 140,000 on my fiesta that never had ANY major work done on it!

PS Is it worthwhile looking at another gasket supplier?

Sorry for the long post,thank you in anticipation of your replies!
1993 CLIO Diesel-Head Gasket gone? - Xileno {P}
I think you've just been unlucky. Renaults may not be perfect but they certainly don't have a reputation for blowing head gaskets.
1993 CLIO Diesel-Head Gasket gone? - plasticpaddy
Could be the thermostat