Passat 1.9TD won't start - bednortan
My M reg passat won't start. It was turning over but not firing, but its not even doing that now. I am wondering if it could be a glow plug unit problem? I notice that there are 2 slots for fuses to be placed in it but there is only 1 30A fuse inserted the other slot left blank. Is this right? This car has been a nightmare for me. I put it into my local garage when I first bought it to have it checked out and it came out 5 months later after having many new parts (this being because my local garage insisted a new cam belt was not needed) Anyway exactly 1 year later the damper cog (which I replaced a year earlier)started to wobble and my fan belt sheared. Well back it went again and this time it needed a complete new engine!! Thankfully free due to the warrantee on the defective part. Well eventually got the car back 2 YEARS later (not kidding) when the garage lost all their Franchises in deleted (no wonder really is it) when they literally just knocked on my door and handed me the keys to a car that won't start!! So need some good luck with this car guys so hoping you can point me in the right direction. Any ideas?? Anyone??

{Whether in the past or present, no naming/shaming please. DD. BR Moderator}
Passat 1.9TD won't start - Peter D
Thats not a lot to go on. Firstly raise a court action against the garage as it is their fault. However are you sure the fuel system is properly primed. ?? and has the immobiliser unit been recoded now the engine has been changed. Regards Peter