Wheel down man hole tyre goes pop - AndrewMarc
On the way back from the office one hour ago I managed to drive over a man hole with no cover on a roundabout. The tyre popped and the rim is bent. I am thinkin i need to get the suspension looked at but wondered if i will be able to claim and if i will be able to claim for the checkup

Thanks
Wheel down man hole tyre goes pop - Steptoe
Strictly speaking manholes on roundabouts, even uncovered, are off limits as one should be driving around them....

Seriously you need to establish whose manhole, water board, BT etc.

A photo of hole would be helpful for claim if not too late to go back
Wheel down man hole tyre goes pop - Robin Reliant
I've had two successful claims against different local authorities for tyre damage from potholes, though both were some years ago now. As Steptoe says, photo's of the offending hole and the wheel and tyre would back your case.

First step is to contact the Highways department of the council who will let you know if it is their cover or that of one of the utilities, and proceed from there.
Wheel down man hole tyre goes pop - Colonel Panic
Where was this? nearly happened to me on the A6514 Nottingham
It is missing at some point nearly every month.
Wheel down man hole tyre goes pop - helicopter
The local toerags must have found out that cast iron is a reasonable price at the local scrap metal merchants.

Aluminium roadsigns quite often disappear into the melting pot as well.

I'd find out which authority owns the manhole and make an insurance claim against them.
Wheel down man hole tyre goes pop - Colonel Panic
The one near me just gets flipped out by lorry's offside wheels, it forms part of the kerb of a roundabout and gets flipped out, exposing a hole with sharp metal frame with 7" high vertcal parts. the road is looked after a private company called deleted, but it is the responsibilty of the Highways Agency. It's rubbish.