Electric window regulators - kal
Is it just my car or do modern window regulators fail frequently, my local dealers excuse is that they are made of plastic in the intrest of saving weight hence melt due to the tropical temperatures of where I live. I wish this was true, as my car is parked in an undergrowund car park so is not parked in direct sunlight.

Any comments would be appreciated.
Electric window regulators - Happy Blue!
Rubbish!

Cars are built for the Middle East and Far east with high temperatures and humidity. Where are Japanese cars built and Korean cars built - in hot and humid lands!

Tell the dealer he is fobbing you off.
--
Espada III - well if you have a family and need a Lamborghini, what else do you drive?
Electric window regulators - blue_haddock
Where are Japanese cars built and
Korean cars built - in hot and humid lands!

Sunderland, Burnaston and Swindon to name a few!
Electric window regulators - Happy Blue!
Yes and some are exported back to Japan or to USA with similar conditions in parts.
--
Espada III - well if you have a family and need a Lamborghini, what else do you drive?
Electric window regulators - AR-CoolC
Kal

Is your car a VW by any chance???
Electric window regulators - Dynamic Dave
Is your car a VW by any chance???

BMW, IIRC.

::ok I cheated and clicked on his name to reveal some of his recent postings::
BMW 318i 99 model, I think in 6 years of ownership I have had every single regulator replaced at least twice. That shows how crap the design is.

Rgds, Kal
I just spoke with a BMW dealer in Guilford, Surrey, he tells me the fact that these window regultors fail due to the heat is frankly rubbish. His view is that the mechanisism is very precise and needs to be fited properly, cables etc tied properly
Electric window regulators - AR-CoolC
To be fair, the BMW regulators are ones we have very little problem with. The only problem we do have is that the metal arms of the scissor action are quite thin so if they get jammed, do sometimes bend.
(Glass-Tech)