Carpark off the M180 - Honest John
Roy Malt e-mailed "At the old Sandtoft Airfield on the south side of the M180 between Scunthorpe and Doncaster there are thousands of vehicles - cars, vans, campers, all various makes and I am always curious when I pass this location. Are they awaiting sale, scrapping or what????"

Anyone know the answer? Is it a Eurofleet marshalling yard for cars on their way from fleets to dealers and auctions?

HJ
Re: Carpark off the M180 - Petel
Is this one of those stocking areas for surplus S/H vehicles, used by the trade to reduce the numbers on the market, or is there some other explanation ?
Police or Customs an Excise vehicle compound perhaps ?
Re: Carpark off the M180 - Keith
I have passed these every day this week.

One on the M18 is the Dixons used car centre, recently featured on Top Gear where the cars are fixed before going for retail (I think)

One of the others (M180) is a Peugeot Citroen site (dunno any more)

There is also a massive BMW area (M18) with loads od Minis and 3 series. Strange when there is a 21 week wait for 3 series coupe.
Re: Carpark off the M180 - Brian
If it had been just over Christmas then I would have put down to a secure compound where dealers put their forecourt stock to avoid it being nicked or vandalised over the holiday.
Re: Carpark off the M180 - Guy Lacey
John Prescott's private car collection.
Re: Carpark off the M180 - Richard Hall
I am pretty sure that Sandtoft is a site owned by Universal Salvage Auctions. Did all the cars have dents in them?
Certain answer - Lee H
Last December saw me stood up to my ankles in Mud, removing all my possessions from my deceased ZX TD at this very place.

This huge carpark is, as Richard indicated, a huge dumping ground for a salvage company, Universal. Not all the cars wil have visible damage, mine drowned in the heavy rain last year.

I was having trouble finding the place until I followed one of the many red transporters carrying various wrecks to the enormous yard.

A very interesting place, the unusual cars are stored in a caged area - Elises, Integra R, Boxsters, etc. The common or garden stuff is parked seemingly into infinity by model.

Someone there must do OK, I saw a van going around sucking out Petrol and Diesel, wonder how many of the staff actually ever visit a petrol station?

Lee
Re: Certain answer - Mark (Brazil)
And in return, that should be "estoy viviendo la vida loca", although the "estoy" is marginally optional, rather than "vida la vida loca".
Grazie Cinquecento - Lee H
Thanks Mark, my Spanish isn't the best :)

Just looked it up - I'd got it from the Spanish version of Ricky Martin's record, but got it wrong from that even - the lyric they list for the CD is 'vive la vida loca'; of course yours is the accurate translation for the English version of the song. I've learned something today!

Bad enough when I get the lyrics wrong in English records, at least text message boards spare everyone hearing me singing badly too...

Lee.