Crushing of Vehicles - Armitage Shanks {p}
Could someone of a legal persuasion comment on the right of police and local authorities to crush vehicles, in some circumstances? I am all in favour of it but what is the legal position with regard to the crushing of a vehicle which may actually be the property of a finance company and not belong to the person comitting the offence.
Crushing of Vehicles - bacon&eggs
What a waste of a good usuable car. The only thing wrong with some of them are no tax. The worst one I heared of (a few years ago) was a 4 year old 306. The owner had gone travelling, leaving the car alarmed and immobilized with 4 or so months tax, once it had run out the council picked it up, and because he couldent be contacted (abroad remember) it was crushed a short while later. I would have had that car rather than it go to the crusher. As to the question of who owns the car - if its bought on finance then the finance company owns it, untill the last payment. I dont believe the council has any right to crush it. Unless they do some sort of investigation to find out if the car is on H.P/Finance.......I think not.
Crushing of Vehicles - Dwight Van Driver
When legislation is made regarding uplifting of vehicles if it is not covered within the Act itself giving that power, then SoS is given the power to make regulations as to charges,how to reclaim and eventual disposal. Outlined are procedures to be followed and generally enquiries to be made and service of notices.

Under Police Reform Act 2002 seizures it mentions that notices to owner OR persons who appear to be the owner.

Providing they go through the procedure then as far as I am aware they have complied.

Any come back, it would appear, from the Hiring Co will then have to be resolved by use of Civil Law against the person hiring/leasing.

www.scambs.gov.uk/Environment/Wasteandrecycling/ab...m

is an example of what goes on behind the scenes.

dvd

Crushing of Vehicles - Armitage Shanks {p}
Thanks for that clarification DVD