Mondeo locking nightmare - DaveKent
A few days back I posted a note about the remote locking on my 1997 Ford Mondeo,1.8 diesel. With help from Adam & co I got it fix and was happy.....for 48hrs.

Now the locking has gone and turned on me.

The remote doesnt work again so I have to lock it using the key. No big deal except... When I lock the drivers side it unlocks itself straight away. Sitting in the car and locking it it does the same thing, only thing is the passenger side doesnt lock then open like the rest (straight away that is).

It does however lock all from the passenger side, whether its by key or inside the car.
Sometimes it sets the alarm, sometimes not.

I've srayed WD40 on every lock (boot and engine locks too), and made sure nothing is catching any locks.

Any ideas, or have I got a ghost in the car?

Regards,

Dave
Mondeo locking nightmare - adverse camber
I would take the door cards off and have a look at the lock and the links. I have seen similar problems where either one of the locks has seized or some part of one of the links or one of the actuators has broken. Specifically a knackered actuator can definitly cause the problem you have. When you lock it it starts to lock then pops back into its old position which is in turn interpreted as someone unlocking the car.

I dont know how the central locking works on this car, but I would disconnect the actuators and check them.

I wouldnt personally use wd40 on lock internals, graphite powder.
Mondeo locking nightmare - DaveKent
I forget to add..

Sitting in the car you can use the drivers electric window switch to open drivers and passenger windows, however the passenger electric window dosent work when pressed. I dont know if this is related to the problem?

(I have put second hand window switches in, both sides, but have got the same result so I dont think its them).
Mondeo locking nightmare - Adam {P}
Dave, I'm afraid my knowledge about locks ended about halfway through my last lot of replies to you.

However, I would check the driver's door catch. I had a similar problem whereby locking the driver's door from inside or out would lock the car then bounce the locks back open again. If I locked it from teh passenger side, then it locked fine.

It's a long shot I'll grant you but worth trying.

As for the windows, no idea I'm afraid. I'd be tempted to say unrelated but it's a hell of a coincidence.

Good luck
--
Adam
Mondeo locking nightmare - thomp1983
id go through all the fuses in the fusebox to check there all ok

chris