How long does it take to build a fence - spikeyhead {p}
There's been a fence being built between J11 and 10 southbound on the M1 for quite some time. There are speed restrictions down to 50mph which is fine if there are people actually building the fence but this seems very rare. They've only got a few panels left to put in, but that seems to have been the situation for the last few months.

Fortunately there aren't any cameras in the vicinity, otherwise I hate to think how many people would have been prosocuted for speeding whilst there are no workers to protect.

Has anyone any idea how much longer are they going to be at it?

--
I read often, only post occasionally
How long does it take to build a fence - Stuartli
Why not contact the Highways Agency?

www.highways.gov.uk/

There's a Contact Us link or perhaps it might be worth a phone call?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
How long does it take to build a fence - Altea Ego
Answering the question.

Allowing for dog walking, breakfast, lunch, cups of tea, and whatever motorsport is on the tele, I can put up 4 posts, barge boards and panels in place. so thats:

24 feet a day.
How long does it take to build a fence - BB
Following on from RF, I just had a fence company round and they put up about 36 ft of fencing in around 3 hours. There were two of them and it took them 3 hours. 6ft per hour per man.

I know we've taken your question a bit too literally, but you've got two answers now, one for a DIY'er and one for trade ;)

How long does it take to build a fence - cheddar
I prefer the Arris rale and board type to the panel and post, eh did you know Fencing is an Olympic sport?
How long does it take to build a fence - martint123
I'm on the second week and got five 6ft panels up. Concrete posts, 1ft concrete gravelboards. (they're heavy aren't they).
How long does it take to build a fence - Hugo {P}
I've sat on my fence for a little while now, but can we gat back to motoring now please ;)
How long does it take to build a fence - madf
Is this the fence people keep stealing parts from ? (so it always is unfinished?)

madf

How long does it take to build a fence - Bromptonaut
Noticed lack of progress between going on holiday in mid July and a trip to London yesterday. 50 limit seemed to be suspended however, signs laid down etc.
How long does it take to build a fence - Stuartli
Answering the question.>>

The Highways Agency IS the answer in the end...:-)

What's more, between Junctions 6a and 10 from next January, there's more work intended according to its website:

www.highways.gov.uk/roads/projects/motorways/m1/j6.../

and more planned from Junction 10 to 13, but no dates:

www.highways.gov.uk/roads/projects/motorways/m1/j1.../

Don't know if these will also affect you?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by