trade in or auction - egor
I want to change our car, it's a t reg nissan primera gx estate, 99,000 miles broke air con and a dent on offside passenger door which needs banging out and respraying.
Is it worth me fixing the faults before trading it in or going to somwhere that will give you £1500 minimum trade in, or taking it to auction.
Also has anybody bought from cargiant in london?
trade in or auction - No FM2R
>>Also has anybody bought from cargiant in london?

A couple of times.

No haggling. Bit heavy on trying to sell finance. Completely honest about the car. No idea about trade-in but I've heard they're not that interested. Cars were exactly as they said they would be, ready exactly when they said they would be, and in exactly the state, with exactly the bits (tools, radio panel, etc) that they said they would be.

Not a very warm and fluffy environment, but pretty hassle free and efficient.
Hi,
So best to go there with a loan already sorted and no trade in then, how long did you have towait for your car to be prepared and did it come with 3/6/12 month warranty?
trade in or auction - chris_w
A mate bought a 3 series BMW from Cargiant... said he wouldn't buy from there again. He went to pick up the car at the specified time and was kept waiting for 2 hours. When the car finally turned up the passenger door had mysteriously developed a problem whereby it wouldn't shut unless you slammed it as hard as possible. Ended up going back 2 days later to pick it up and the door was still a little suspect. He shouldn't have accepted it but did and has had none stop problems with it, eventually selling it 9 months later for a £2.5k loss.

There was no warranty and definetly no hint of customer service.
trade in or auction - No FM2R
>>So best to go there with a loan already sorted

I'm not sure. I only listened with half an ear, but in fact their rates seemed ok. I think if I was considering finance then I would have already arranged finance in case I needed, but would have listened to their offer at the time.

Certainly better off without the trade-in.

>>how long did you have to wait for your car to be prepared

Now you're asking; I think I decided to buy the first one on the thursday or so and picked it up on the Monday - but I don't really remember.

The other doesn't really count since they had to wait for me to return to the UK. But it was ready when I got back.

Both times I think I was on their site for less than 30 minutes fopr the actual pickup. It was a very quick process.

>>did it come with 3/6/12 month warranty?

I remember having the conversation with them that I didn't want to buy any warranty since if there was anything wrong with either car and they didn't fix it, then I was going to sue their butt warranty or no warranty. As it happens nothing ever went wrong with either of them. I think they gave me 6 months, but to be honest it might have only been 3. It certainly wasn't 12 - but I meant what I said and so wasn't really interested in the warranty.

Overall I found them frank, straight-forward, honest, a little brusque, not pink and fluffy at all, a take it or leave it attitude, and exactly the service/approach I wanted. I didn't want to be persuaded into a car or put off one.

I can imagine that others might get a little put off, but I foudn it refreshing and will certainly buy from them again.
trade in or auction - blue_haddock
Places like car giant will give you exactly what your car is worth as a PX, which in this case is probably not alot - very doubtful you would recover the money for any repairwork.

Don't even think about places that guarantee £1500 for any car - they will either give you a heck of a lot less discount or they have ramped up the screenprice of the new vehicle. You get 'owt for nowt!
So best option would be sell it at auction as it is, because if somwhere gives me a good trade in the window price is going to be higher?.
Looking at getting a 1.8s primera 2003, 59000miles £5999 or a laguna 1.9dynamique 2003,72000miles £5999
trade in or auction - Hawesy1982
I would have thought that you'd get more for it privately than you would at auction.

Just be honest with your description when advertising it, and pitch the price at a point which reflects the faults.
trade in or auction - Vansboy
Unless it's a small, independent auction, you'll waste your time & £$£$.

The amount you end up with after charges, will be next to nothing.

Best e bay it, or if your local paper has advertise till sold, for a low amount, don't get led into lots adverts, costing £30 this week & next week & ....

Car Giant will sell you a stright forward enough deal, at a fair (ish) price.

If you need finance, it's well worth comparing the dealers package, to a personal loan - remember you have greaster consumer rights, if the car & loan come from the same place!

Warranties can be purchased monthly, as on going cost - check link on this site for WarrantyDirect.

VB