97 Passat sport. Lekkie window - Ritz-dog
Hi all, the passenger front window in my car won't go down further than say a few inches. also when you close it, the windows reaches the closed position and then comes straight back down again to the quarter open position?? I thought that maybe the window wasn't closing properly cos of an obstruction but I can't find anything in the window frame that could be causing it.

Any ideas greaty appreciated
D
97 Passat sport. Lekkie window - borasport20
If lifts were as reliable as volkswagens, we'd all be making more use of the stairs.
Problems with the winder mechanisms/wiring are common across the VAG group - hopefully somebody will be along with some useful links shortly

97 Passat sport. Lekkie window - OldOiler
Try "freds tdi" - tdi club page its a CAN/US web site, lots of useful tips and pic's
K2
97 Passat sport. Lekkie window - BB
Had exactly the same problem with my 97 Tdi sport. To close the window, I had to hold the button down to close and do it three times. Eventually it closed. IIRC it was the electric window switch itself. Seems like the same problem. Once it was fixed, within 6 weeks, the passenger window did the same!
97 Passat sport. Lekkie window - harrierlee
i bought me self a 98 1.8 turbo sport estate last week, passenger door lock, mirror, and window all dont work and have been pulling hair out trying to find the fault, checked all the wiring under carpets etc, repaired a couple of connections but still no work !! wish id of kept me mondy now !!
still , nice car though !!
97 Passat sport. Lekkie window - OldOiler
Try this thread - it may be useful;
Window Regulator Replacement
forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1015107

K2
97 Passat sport. Lekkie window - harrierlee
hello mate ive been fiddiling round today with my windows on my 98 passat sport.not sure if this will help, but i think you have to learn the motor mechanism when the window is fully up. ( i think) you do this by turning the ign on and then off then hold the window switch in the up postion for a few seconds, then lower the window , to make sure it opens fully,.
hope that makes sense! , it worked ok on mine, its upto you if you want to try it on your car though.
cheers