How long to get licence back? - Dulwich Estate
As some will know I got nabbed by a camera at a traffic light for alledgedly jumping a red signal. I took advice, did not contest it, paid £60 and posted off my licence. This was two weeks ago now. How long is it reasonable to wait for its return (with the 3 points added)?
How long to get licence back? - DazSV
Your best bet would be to phone DVLA Swansea and ask them.

The number is 0870 240 0009
How long to get licence back? - stan_deezy
and to possibly save money use their non national rate number which is 01792 782341 and ask for driver enquiries.

I don't know whether this helps but whenever I am faced with an 0870 number I always check with saynoto0870.com and get the geographical number instead: it can save a bundle of cash sometimes!
How long to get licence back? - martint123
I thought it was the local lot that endorses your license??
There should be a number on the paperwork that said where to send your license off to.
How long to get licence back? - Sprice
Mine took approximately 6 weeks to come back after being sent to get 3 points added!
How long to get licence back? - Adam {P}
There's a bloke on PePiPoo who sent his licence off to be endorsed, got it back and it had no points on at all!!!

Would you highlight that if it were you?
--
Adam
How long to get licence back? - just a bloke
There's a bloke on PePiPoo who sent his licence off to
be endorsed, got it back and it had no points on
at all!!!
Would you highlight that if it were you?
--
Adam

That happened to me....

Sadly the very next time my licence went away (for an address change) it came back and there they were in all their glory :(

So it's not like they forgot them

JaB
Ouch. Still - could be worse. What if you'd racked up 6 already thinking you'd got away with it, got another 3 and BANG!

Banned.

:-(
--
Adam
Licence Return Update: There's clearly a lack of "real" knowledge here and my original question was only the start of it. This may be useful.

1. As the form said, I sent it with my licence to a London PO Box number (in SW1) enclosing the £60 cheque.

2. There was no phone number nor any email contact on the paperwork - please call me daft if you want, but had there been any contact info I'd have tried it first! Why call Swansea if it had gone to an address in London?

3. Licence came back today from PO Box 31091 London SW1P 3WR (16 days from date of sending).

4. TS10 endorsement is now noted on licence in scruffy blue ballpoint handwriting and looks very amateurish.

5. My insurance was due for renewal between receipt of NIP and TS10 endorsement. My premuim renewal (without TS10) was £560, with the TS10 it's now £610.

6. I tried to improve the insurance quote, but my existing insurer (Direct Line) was still cheaper. I changed to Churchill in the end - but that's a different story to do with Green Card costs.

£110 out of pocket and I still don't even remember any red light or flash....grrr!

How long to get licence back? - Dwight Van Driver
Dulwich

Do I post in vain for have I not mentioned before that once a Conditional Offer has been made the Magistrates Clerks Office of the area where the offence occurred is informed. If not paid within 28 days then an information is laid and Court proceedings started.

By paying your 60 pounds and sending in your Licence to the Mags Clerks Office they close the file.

DVD
DVD,

I must be so dense, maybe tired, but I don't understand. Was your reply to me or for general information? At least I now know that the PO Box no. was the Magistrates Clerks Office.

How long to get licence back? - frostbite
If you are ever really keen to find out the full address of a PO Box, 'phone the main PO in that town and they are obliged to supply it.
How long to get licence back? - grn
"There's a bloke on PePiPoo who sent his licence off to be endorsed, got it back and it had no points on at all!!!"

...Which probably means there's some other poor soul not expecting points who gets them ;-) not that he'd be winking or smiling you understand :-)

Now that wouldn't be a great surprise over your morning coffee.
--
Adam