Mondeo Mk 2 2000 - PeteK
When the climate control is turned off, and the windows are open while travelling, I can still feel air coming thru the foot vents. It seems to still be coming thru at what ever temerature is was before the climate was switched off (i.e. hot) but I don't think its forced as I've never noticed it when not moving or windows closed.

I haven't investigated anything yet, other than that the aircon compresssor does stop when switched off (well the engine load disappears anyhow.)

If climate is on, it all seems to wrok fine. Aircon works too if you poke the temperature that way.

Any thoughts / comments much appreciated.
Mondeo Mk 2 2000 - CJay{P}
I am confused - what you mean 'climate control turned off'? AFAIK, climate control enables you to set a temperature. So, how do you off it?
Mondeo Mk 2 2000 - Adam {P}
You turn my Dad's climate control off by pressing the "OFF" button.
--
Adam
Can you do that in a Mondeo?
Wouldn't that turn the a/c off as well?
I'll be honest - I don't know. I didn't even know you could get climate on a mark 2 Mondeo.

On my Dad's pressing OFF shuts everything off.
--
Adam
I'll be honest - I don't know. I didn't even know
you could get climate on a mark 2 Mondeo.

This is what I thought was well
On my Dad's pressing OFF shuts everything off.
--

Exactly. As i said earlier, CC merely regulates the temperature. If you shut off the A/C, there is nothing for the CC to regulate.
Ahh - I get what you mean now.

I'll go ;-)
--
Adam
Mondeo Mk 2 2000 - PeteK
Ooops, maybe I didn't check my facts properly.

The Mondeo is an X plate, but the new shape model.

Is that not a Mk 2 then?
Well. I always find Fords a bit funny. For example - the current Fiesta (the one that looks like a Focus) is widely believed to be a Mark 6 but it's a Mark 5. The 2000-2002 one was just a facelift on the Mark 4.

I see the Mondeos as the Mark 1 from 1993 to around 1996. The Mark 2 as the one from 1996 to around 2000 and yours as the Mark 3. (The "new 2005" Mondeo I see as a facelift). I think some people call my "Mark 2" as a facelift of the Mark 1. (If that makes any sense!)

Don't even get me started on the Focus!!!!
--
Adam
Mondeo Mk 2 2000 - redviper
I agree with you Adski

The New mondeo (2005 Version) isnt a new version, its just a had a facelift essentially, more or less its the same car.

As is the facelifted Vectra, and when they facelifted the Cavalier it was still classed as the MK3

Ste

--
1983 (A) Vauxhall Astra 1.3L
1993 (K) Vauxhall Cavalier 2.0i GLS
1999 (T) Renault Laguna 1.6
Mondeo Mk 2 2000 - Blue {P}
For those that aren't sure about the climate thing, you can have the climate on one of three settings.

1) Off altogether
2) Just ordinary A/C
3) Climate Control activated.

Not that it has much bearing on the question being asked though, I just read into it that Pete is referring to option 1, switching the system off altogether.

Pete - I don't think I would be concerned about the air carrying on blowing through the vents, it happens on just about any car that I've been in, climate control or not.

Blue
Mondeo Mk 2 2000 - Blue {P}
Oh, and Ford call the new Fiesta a MK6, they made enough revisions to the last of the old style Fiestas to just about get away with giving it a MK of it's own, seats, bodywork and I think the suspension were all changed I think.

I agree that the last one probably should just be called a facelift (although it was a pretty thorough one), but the powers that be thought otherwise.

Blue
Really? You learn something new everyday. Even though everything screams that the current one is the Mark 6, I got told (I won't say who by but his boss may have been called Henry) that it was only a Mark 5.

I had an N reg Mark 4 and we;ve just got Mum a Y reg Mark "5". Apart from the headlights, the white dials, the plastic trim on the bumper and the cigarette lighter on the dash as opposed to in the ashtray, it is identical.

Please don't say the facelift Focus was the Mark 2.
--
Adam