1996 Eunos - Xileno {P}
I've been offered a Eunos for £3500. It's a P reg, less than 10K miles p.a., new hood, cambelts, brakes. Looks in nice condition. Owner is known.

Does this seem reasonable? Or should I leave it alone?

Thanks

X
1996 Eunos - blue_haddock
Off the top of my head the price seems a bit cheap, even for an import. As it's an import i'd expect the mileage to be lower than a comparitive UK car.

Of course theres no knowing what happened to it it japan (wrapped round a tree in nagasaki or traffic light grand prix in Tokyo) but it sounds like the UK owner has looked after it and spent some money on it.

Check the CBCB, have a good look round it and go with your first instinct.

1996 Eunos - MGspannerman
My wife has a H reg model which we got with only 30k kms on the clock. We have been very pleased with it and having owned it for 18 months now have had no problems. There are numerous model variants of the Eunos so check if it has aircon, leather, nardi wooden steering wheel and gear lever knob, alloys, front spots and other toys. The floor mats sometimes have model details embroidered on them, eg V special. Otherwise it may be just the plainer cloth seats etc. Also check the tyres as the original japanese ones should have been changed. Also does it have a UK spec radio, CD etc and speedo reading in mph. These are easy enough to change if not. The fog light is a bit more problematic as one is needed for the MOT. Mine came with one of the reversing lights converted which is actually illegal but it got an MOT anyway. I changed it for a proper fog lamp before the next one, as a safety item I wanted the real thing and attached it via a bodged up bracket to the rear towing eye - not fallen off yet! I assume it is the 1.6 and not the more desirable 1.8. Colour is also important with metallics generally being more desirable but you cant go too far wrong with british racing green or maybe red. The price looks good to my eye, but check on autotrader and EBay as well for an up to date readout. Obviously the major problem with a jap import is the lack of any history and it is far from unknown for the clock to be rewound. Is there any original documentation relating to the importation which might support the speedo reading? There are some firms operating out of Japan that will guarantee the reading and independently certify it. There are numerous websites that a google search will pull out for you dealing with all aspects of imports and what to look out for. MX5 parts is a good source of spares with a very good website catalogue, but Sumo Auto parts in Nottingham can often be cheaper. Dont believe any main dealer talk about not getting spares etc, they are identical to the MX5 and plenty of spares available. As ever, price reflects condition, but at first glance this sounds encouraging, we certainly never regretted getting ours - good luck!

Cheers MGs