M.G. Midget TD - Paul Richards
A Friend has recently died and left a 1947 M.G. TD as part of his estate and which is now to be sold.
Could you give me (H.J.) some idea as to the value of this vehicle, which is in sound codition, both mechanically and bodily.
I would also appreciate if you could advise the best place to advertise this vehicle
Re: M.G. Midget TD - john w.
I think you will find that the MG TD is not a midget, but a very sought-after classic car. The MG Car Club at Swavesy will give you a valuation and probably offer you a buyer. I would expect the car to do well in any Classic Car Auction such as RTS Auctions of Norwich and Godmanchester.
Re: M.G. Midget TD - Mark (Brazil)
And on this site, from the home page, is a directory listing all clubs.

There are a variety of MG Clubs and one may be nearer or more suitable, however since John mentioned Swavesy....

MG Owners Club, Freepost, Swavesey, Cambridge CB4 5QZ, tel: 01954 231125; fax: 01954 232106; e-mail: mginfo@mgownersclub.co.uk.
Re: M.G. Midget TD - Honest John
The MG Car Club is the legitimate older club, for older models. The MG Owners Club is the usurper, catering more for rubber bumper MGBs. (No criticism of either implied here.) The '47 TD is worth between £5,000 and £15,000 depending on its condition, in particular the integrity of the ash body frame which is easily tested simply by opening the doors and checking if the hinges move. Upcoming BCA and H&H classic sales are listed in the news at www.mysterymotors.com . It's obviously better to get an entry in early so it appears in the catalogue rather than as an also ran at the end of the sale.

HJ