How long to deliver a new car? - Round The Bend
This is follow up to my post that evaporated over the weekend.

On 20th June, I ordered a Grand Scenic via a large service provider who my firm have outsourced such things to as part of the demise of the company car arrangements. Although they advised the car was on order, they were very slow in advising me of an estimated delivery date.

Your helpful responses suggested that waiting time should be no more than 6 - 8 weeks maximum but should be wary of the Renault factory shut down in August. To back this up, last week I called a local dealer who advised that orders were currently taking around 8 weeks.

I've been chasing regularly and during my call today I was advised that the dealer has advised that delivery is estimated for early October which is 15 weeks!!! I have strong suspicions that the order has only just been made and I have asked the provider to query this date with the dealer on the basis of what my local dealer has advised. They have promised to get back to me ..........

Ultimately, the deal offered is very good (being a no fee, no deposit, maintenance included lease type deal which runs out much cheaper than my previous company car) so I suppose, apart from moaning, I can't do much about it. I'm going to do plenty of moaning!

Will advise you how this progresses. In the meantime the family car is a 99T Micra!

How long to deliver a new car? - Hugo {P}
I was quoted 6 weeks last september for a new Nissan Primastar (Renault Trafic) van.

I couldn't wait that long so I negotiated a very good deal on one in stock. I had it in 4 days ;)

H
Wow! 4 days would be nice. I'd settle for 4 weeks right now.

I've got on to our fleet manager who will take up with the Provider. I've suggested that they provide me with a courtesy vehicle for the excess period .....

How long to deliver a new car? - chris_w
Can you not go with something else? 15 weeks for a bog standard (as I recall there were no 'special' extras) motor is just unnaceptable.

I remember when I was buying my Audi back in March that 2 dealers gave different lead times - one said 12 - 14 weeks and the other 6 - 8. Don't know why tho - but obviously I went with the quicker one!

It would be interesting to see if you can get a copy of your order and see what date they submitted it to the factory.
" Can you not go with something else? "

Normally I would do but being tied into our company gives exclusive deal which I don't think I can match elsewhere. Agree would be interesting to get copy of order.

My fleet people are pursuing on my behalf.

How long to deliver a new car? - blue_haddock
Remember that pretty much all the car production in europe ceases for the whole of august so this adds 4 weeks to the delay.
Well the Grand Scenic finally turned up this week - around 13 weeks after first ordered. Eventually found out that "provider" had not got the right price from 1st dealer and spent 4 weeks finding another which meant that we then hit the Grand Vacances factory holiday.

Anyway that's all behind us and MrsS is very pleased with her new machine. We have put the Micra up for sale, but the Grand Scenic has so much space that we could probably carry it in the back on trips out - a little like those lorries that carry a fork lift with them.

How long to deliver a new car? - Xileno {P}
That's good news. I hope you enjoy it.
What engine did you get?
Thanks Xileno. Renault allowed us to test a car for 5 days and we went for the 1.6 Expression. It's a bit gutless but don't think the expected mileage justified the 1.9 dci. We had one of the old 1.6 scenics (1998-03) and covered 70k trouble free miles with it. That having been said this one is a big improvement.

On test (mainly M11 on a 120 mile run) I recorded 44 mpg overall which was pleased with. Suspect 30mpg around town will be a good result.